diy solar

diy solar

SolarAssistant + Sunsynk Inverter & dual batteries - Sanity Check before purchase

thedotlair

Hi all,

What with the recent ongoing issues with Sunsynk's cloud portal (they've messed up the integration with Octopus Agile here in the UK as well as it's been offline for most of today) I'm leaning towards getting Solar Assistant to do monitoring and adjustments to the system. Plus, it's away from the Cloud which isn't a bad thing :)

Just wanted to get a Sanity check on the shopping list before purchasing and also the best way to hook this up.

System is: Sunsynk 5.5kW Ecco Hybrid Inverter (SYNK-5K-SG04LP1) and 2x Sunsynk 5.12kWh Batteries.

Looking to order:
1x Deye / SunSynk / Sol-Ark RS485
1x 9-60V DC USB power supply
1x Deye / SunSynk / Sol-Ark RJ45 splitter

Questions:
Will I need the splitter considering that the batteries are plugged into the CAN port? Doing reading through here, I will to get information on the batteries but the RS485 port is free.
Splitter Needed.jpg

Powering the Pi (will be in an external waterproof case), using the highlighted connections (in blue) to power the system? Obviously switching the whole system off first, including the batteries.
Power Hookup.jpg

Apologies for the stupid questions - I'm confident on electrics but I wasn't around when the system was installed (thanks work!) so never got the ask the questions :(

Cheers in advance!

Anybody able to assist? Happy to go back to my installer if nobody is able to (understandably) help.

You could tap there between the lug and the screw. Make sure you torque it correctly. Why is that existing lug chewed up?

You could tap there between the lug and the screw. Make sure you torque it correctly. Why is that existing lug chewed up?
Good question - I've never noticed that before. Must have been like that since the installer done the work - will get him back to change that.

Thank you for replying though. Least I wasn't going stupid crazy :)

Last edited:
Back