diy solar

diy solar

How to measure split phase.

Skypower

Solar Wizard
I bought a DROK AC display meter and it works fine when the current transformer is on L1 or L2 for measuring 240 loads and load between L line with the transformer and Neutral but nothing is measured between the other L line and Neutral (non measured line). I can pass both lines through the current transformer, one entering from the opposite direction but I get double current reading. (Obviously if both are from the same side they cancel each other. Two current transformers on both lines in series, but won’t that give half value of loads to neutral? Any ideas how of how to total load of both 240 and 120V loads with one meter? How is it done the right way? Stumped?

I bought a DROK AC display meter and it works fine when the current transformer is on L1 or L2 for measuring 240 loads and load between L line with the transformer and Neutral but nothing is measured between the other L line and Neutral (non measured line). I can pass both lines through the current transformer, one entering from the opposite direction but I get double current reading. (Obviously if both are from the same side they cancel each other. Two current transformers on both lines in series, but won’t that give half value of loads to neutral? Any ideas how of how to total load of both 240 and 120V loads with one meter? How is it done the right way? Stumped?

You need two sensors. One on L1 or L2 and one on N.

I found the Ultimate answer!
Emporia Energy Smart home energy monitor.
I can see Line 1 & 2 depending on unit selected, amps = individual, watts=combined as well as up to 16 other loads. The information is slightly delayed (4 seconds) real time on an app anywhere you have cellular internet. App connect was so easy that it had me worrying for the other shoe to drop.

I found the Ultimate answer!
Emporia Energy Smart home energy monitor.
I can see Line 1 & 2 depending on unit selected, amps = individual, watts=combined as well as up to 16 other loads. The information is slightly delayed (4 seconds) real time on an app anywhere you have cellular internet. App connect was so easy that it had me worrying for the other shoe to drop.
LOL... Yeah I was reading this thread and getting ready to suggest it until I got to you post. I think they are great. I've got one on my house.

You can also do a subpanel, measure your solar separately and control 120v loads.

Last edited:
Back