diy solar

diy solar

How to reset and/or charge my Lifepo4 battery that seems completely dead?

Charge it to 14 volts.
This morning ACR was displaying on the controller and the battery checked out at 12.2v.
I did a reset on the battery and ACr went away and went to the normal screen on the controller.
The controller said the battery was at 14.4v.
I disconnected the battery from the controller and checked the voltage on the battery again.... 112.2v.
I left it like that all day in sunshine. Checked the battery again and still at 12.2v.
The controller said it was on the boost cycle......
I'll check it tonight when the sun goes down but expect everything to go dead again...
Thanks

Apparently it is not getting charged. A good way to confirm is to measure voltage at battery when sun is shining. Maybe a wiring problem.
Sun down now.
ACR code and LCD panel flashing various readings.
30 minutes later, LCD panel blank and battery reading at 1.8 volts and 20amp breaker to battery has flipped.....

How is this 20A breaker connected in your wiring? Between Solar charge controller and the battery? Is there another breaker between battery and the inverter?
Can you show us your wiring? or wiring diagram?
It sounds like wiring issue.

How is this 20A breaker connected in your wiring? Between Solar charge controller and the battery? Is there another breaker between battery and the inverter?
Can you show us your wiring? or wiring diagram?
It sounds like wiring issue.
20230403_085928.jpg

Everything else disconnected now.

Not shown are battery temperature lead and wifi connection.

1.8V?
It sounds like you have at least one dead cell.
Or there is a short or weak connection.
Can you post pictures of the build?

The breaker is poor quality but I suspect you have other issues. It may be the battery BMS is preventing charging as its reached a protection level. Wake up the battery and test its discharge performance with a suitable DC load.
If the battery cells are not completly balanced charging to a lower voltage may help. A charge voltage 13.8 volts to 14.2 volts will be enough. If its possible with your controller set a lower voltage than 14.4.

I'm thinking the breaker is the wrong sort.
I think it's designed for amplifiers not solar setups.
Will change tomorrow.
That breaker says 20A, what loads are connected to the battery?
I see, it is only on the charge controller.
Yes, that could be the entire problem.
Only use SOLAR rated for the max PV voltage the unit can experience rated breaker. DC, and it should be sized for wire protection, not the output of the controller. Your controller is rated for 75V, so make sure your breaker is rated at 100V or greater.
I would have at minimum a 30A breaker, with #10 wire or larger.

That breaker says 20A, what loads are connected to the battery?
I see, it is only on the charge controller.
Yes, that could be the entire problem.
Only use SOLAR rated for the max PV voltage the unit can experience rated breaker. DC, and it should be sized for wire protection, not the output of the controller. Your controller is rated for 75V, so make sure your breaker is rated at 100V or greater.
I would have at minimum a 30A breaker, with #10 wire or larger.
I had 4 x 8w LED's connected but took them off when i had the problems.

I have a 1000/2000w inverter but still havent connected it up and won't until i get things sorted out.
I do have 15amp inline fuses each of the panels. That's the stated fuse rating according to the sticker on the back of the panel. However, i dont think i need those from what ive read.

Back