diy solar

diy solar

How to Reset (Back to) Multiplus II Factory Settings

John.DS99

Whatever annoying crashes/power switches and my understanding of these Victron Units are, I find some aspects of this hardware to be very frustrating.

What Frustration? OK, It takes an engineer to adjust the settings, so you must type "zzz" to legally agree that you should even change anything.
This unit comes SET TO WORK WITH "Victron Gel Deep Discharge (also suitable for Victron AGM Deep Discharge)". And you get something from signature

OK so now that I have decided that I have begun a career as an EE,..And can understand the language of 'zzz' (also stupud).

I am now in a position to change settings so I know how this thing works. So I change settings.

I love this equipment, so after learning so much, it seems to misbehave, at least I thought it would switch or not. Now it wont even act as UPS because even plugged in, it seems shut off completely. This is aggravating in a home office where the computer and entire home router runs on solar power.

Love this silliness or not. I don't understand this. Not blaming the great team that sold it or the people who made it.

How can I learn how to use this inverter if I don't understand these settings if there is no factory reset? I know that Current Connected will / may reply.

The way I see it is if I just ask them to send me a save file for the original settings, that is all I need. (edited for clarity)

Last edited:
Whatever annoying crashes/power switches and my understanding of these Victron Units are, I find some aspects of this hardware to be very frustrating.

What Frustration? OK, It takes an engineer to adjust the settings, so you must type "zzz" to legally agree that you should even change anything.
This unit comes SET TO WORK WITH "Victron Gel Deep Discharge (also suitable for Victron AGM Deep Discharge)". And you get something from signature

OK so now that I have decided that I have begun a career as an EE,..And can understand the language of 'zzz' (also stupud).

I am now in a position to change settings so I know how this thing works. So I change settings.

I love this equipment, so after learning so much, it seems to misbehave, at least I thought it would switch or not. Now it wont even act as UPS because even plugged in, it seems shut off completely. This is aggravating in a home office where the computer and entire home router runs on solar power.

Love this silliness or not. I don't understand this. Not blaming the great team that sold it or the people who made it.

How can I learn how to use this inverter if I don't understand these settings if there is no factory reset? I know that Current Connected will / may reply.

The way I see it is if I just ask them to send me a save file for the ones that came with the unit I could return to

Ok

Last edited:
One of the downsides of victron is they are feature packed, this means it can do a lot more than a simple plug and play.

So soon are you start catering the unit to your needs, a check box here or incorrect settings value there could throw it for a loop.

One thing that may help remote trouble shooting is screen shots of settings and sharing for others to see.

I am aggravated that I have no idea what..., I mean tech is great and fun to learn, but this is too basic to explain.

Can I just start over and learn or relearn from the beginning RESET to start over.

You want details? there is a setting of 63V somewhere that protects the battery. How would I know if I set that myself. I promise, I will write down and remember changes (or take pictures).

I am just learning, like I said Bring me back home to Kansas Toto. This place is strange, I am stuck here and want to go home. That's it

I am using the newer usb cable and that's right it is the name of the program. Part of the problem is everyone says the CERBO is the way to nirvana for Victron equipment.

If I can't figure out where the Bluetooth dongle connects, or if it is like the MPPT dongle first, get it working then yank that and use the wifi to connect.

I work / design / execute thoughts just like this. To the people to make it it looks like "Constant Product Improvement". To me, I am thinking, these things appear to be overcomplicated.

By the way, happy to upgrade the firmware. Assuming that doesn't brick my hardware, I'll do something simple just for me. TAKE A PICTURE of all settings so I have at least this as a starting point. I am never that organized. This thing isn't an iPhone.

Otherwise I will make a post starting with "Since I can't go back, Just tell me, why is this thing I don't understand not working because I have no idea what I am doing? Would you prefer that thread?

I am using the newer usb cable and that's right it is the name of the program. Part of the problem is everyone says the CERBO is the way to nirvana for Victron equipment.

If I can't figure out where the Bluetooth dongle connects, or if it is like the MPPT dongle first, get it working then yank that and use the wifi to connect.

I work / design / execute thoughts just like this. To the people to make it it looks like "Constant Product Improvement". To me, I am thinking, these things appear to be overcomplicated.

By the way, happy to upgrade the firmware. Assuming that doesn't brick my hardware, I'll do something simple just for me. TAKE A PICTURE of all settings so I have at least this as a starting point. I am never that organized. This thing isn't an iPhone.

Otherwise I will make a post starting with "Since I can't go back, Just tell me, why is this thing I don't understand not working because I have no idea what I am doing? Would you prefer that thread?

So do you want help or would you prefer to talk to us while waiting for help from the selling vendor who can remote into your system?

You must be from India. A lot of people lose money using this tactic. Don't train me to be an idiot. I'm already close enough.
Yup you found me out, that me lol

I was just addressing you in the best manor I thought would help you out.

You didn’t specify any details of any settings you changed, any check boxes you made or much more than you were confused with “technology”.

Best of luck!!

I'm not fighting, I can call customer support. I don't see any confusion over my mistake or reason for asking this question.

I said 25 ways what I want. I can't get the responses I'm looking for. Great forum, quick answers, I can expect but not deserve an answer, but I still try. Next time I'll prepare better.

I'm not fighting, I can call customer support. I don't see any confusion over my mistake or reason for asking this question.

I said 25 ways what I want. I can't get the responses I'm looking for. Great forum, quick answers, I can expect but not deserve an answer, but I still try. Next time I'll prepare better.

We can be easily confused.

Please specify:

1) are you just wanting to know how to do a return to factory settings?

2) do you want help with the current settings?

We all get frustrated and everybody is entitled to a good rant but it helps to leave out the emotional stuff and just give technical info and be direct about exactly what it is you want. 😊

I could have sworn I have covered this. I love this forum too much to ever become nasty.

1. Yes, just remember, AFAIK this was (in part) customized because CC included a note saying ??somehow settings are assuming Lithium ion or lifepo calibration curves". I also see in the manual or settings that AGM cells default settings are present. This was 2 weeks ago, so when I made adjustments and everything went haywire..... I insist all of this is a pretty simple thing to ask for. ie what could factory reset even be post customization? Please, lets start anew!

2. Yes, I thought the other way could be easier. What is my problem? OK, I thought every thing was fantastic, when the whole system crashed and I sat there in the dark. By the time I looked at everything, I concluded -Why? no idea why? AFAIK

2a. OK, I propose this, if you like, this notion of why (I CHECKED UPS ON, AC IN Yes) It should have just switched to external AC in. Why am I in the dark? Who cares? Let me tell you, when I leave the house, the internet shuts down if this happens again. I won't move the router because it would be admitting defeat.

If my only way forward is to post the screenshots of the VictronConnect Win10 app settings screens fine, I'll do that. Look through them and tell me something like "Why don't you just return it back to Current Connected? Try again with brand new.

OK, fine, I am about dead because what is left of my back to put this 70 lb noisemaker into my office. Yes I said noisemaker, the next time anyone says this unit is quiet, I am going to go to some tower and jump off. It doesn't matter why.

Maybe this is funny or I'm too old, or everybody doesn't understand. All of this is my comical best effort. It's going to make a great boat anchor if I can't make this invertor or thread make sense.

OK, that's it, I never really fit in anywhere. If everyone decides this thread is a mess, just delete and I'll go away. I just want you all to know that I am an authority on technology. That's because, back in 1973 or so, I pulled out a quarter from my pocket and played Pong. Actually that stupid crap sucked. I have to drink my milk of magnesia so good night all.

Last edited:
Are you using a windows PC? If so, you can run VE Connect Config instead of Victron Connect. Lots more options, and I read on the Victron Community forum there is a reset option on VE Connect Config. Problem is, we no longer use windows PC here so can't run VE Config to verify.

@sunshine_eggo might be able to offer some help there.

Last edited:
Are you using a windows PC? If so, you can run VE Connect instead of Victron Connect. Lots more options, and I read on the Victron Community forum there is a reset option on VE Connect. Problem is, we no longer use windows PC here so can't run VE Connect to verify.

@sunshine_eggo might be able to offer some help there.

I think you might mean VE config (the more complicated, older but more optioned interface) VS Victron Connect (the new interface that looks alike in windows and on a tablet/phone etc)

The OP would really struggle with that I think.

I think you might mean VE config (the more complicated, older but more optioned interface) VS Victron Connect (the new interface that looks alike in windows and on a tablet/phone etc)

Yes, of course. VE Config.

You can also run Victron connect on an Android phone with an mks2 USB cable and configure the multiplus II that way, while it is mounted and powered up in its intended location.

I am happy to struggle with anything. I have done difficult things before. I am only stupid, because this Victron equipment is truly new to me, and if it looks like I am stupid, I must be because I am failing to know what everyone around me concludes that "It really is easiest to understand how to use this if you stop using the worthless VictronConnect software and switch to ANYTHING else it will be better."

I even would prefer your thoughts if the real answer is "If you really want to make this easy, just buy a Cerbo and learn to use it."

Nobody twists themselves up over crap like the losers like you who go cheap and use the pc they have and are dumb enough to buy the $70 usb cable that means you start out a loser and stay a loser.

Go ahead and say so.

I am happy to struggle with anything. I have done difficult things before. I am only stupid, because this Victron equipment is truly new to me, and if it looks like I am stupid, I must be because I am failing to know what everyone around me concludes that "It really is easiest to understand how to use this if you stop using the worthless VictronConnect software and switch to ANYTHING else it will be better."

I even would prefer your thoughts if the real answer is "If you really want to make this easy, just buy a Cerbo and learn to use it."

Nobody twists themselves up over crap like the losers like you who go cheap and use the pc they have and are dumb enough to buy the $70 usb cable that means you start out a loser and stay a loser.

Go ahead and say so.

The PC and MK3 cable you have with Victron Connect is the best way.

OK, the only correct answer has been forwarded. It is late, but I have to state that I was way off and trying to fix it using the "Fantastic DIY Forum" that relying on people, no matter how wonderful everyone is here...The correct way was obvious. This question was properly addressed by the right people that I should rely on rather than a bunch of lousy troublemakers who may be guessing and love to do so because I am one of those low hanging fruitcakes that always bother everybody here and never seem to go away.

In case I failed to offend anybody, let me know and if I can offend anyone one at a time if needed.

Anyway, More than a day ago Current Connected customer told me that what I was looking for was in a demo library for every machine shipped and specified where this was located and how to get there.

That is, it was always there to be found and I couldn't even get that right.

OK, I both lost and one in a single correct reply.

Back