diy solar

diy solar

How to show charging with a Victron BlueSmart as grid input?

Archerite

I am very happy with my victron gear and a rpi with VenusOS and have been running it almost a year now. Along the way multiple upgrades have been made but I still only have a small solar array and with the summer time over and more grey days it's becoming more common that I need to put in some grid power through a Victron BlueSmart charger. But this is not shown in VRM as grid power...which is my reason for this post.

I have seen multiple drivers and mods being made for VenusOS to connect other brand BMS'es and have them integrated successfully into the VRM dashboard. My idea is doing something similar for the BlueSmart charger and some kind of external power monitor. Either a smart socket with power monitoring or a smartshunt to measure the incoming current and show this as grid power.

Has something like this already been done? And where do I start with a victron SDK or something? I know programming in Python is involved and that is not a huge issue since I have some experience with it. (I have used more PHP and C++)

Any ideas, info or links to documentation will be appreciated. :)

Back