diy solar

diy solar

How to test MPP LV6548 - no panels, no batt

mjgillen

Hello all,

Received my MPP LV6548 today and I was wanting to test as much as I could in the next two weeks. However I do not have any panels and I do not have a 48v battery.

Would it be a good idea to connect the AC IN line to an outlet I have in the garage just to get it up and running? That would be the only connection. I could use a cord I already have that has three wires on one end and a regular plug on the other end.

There would be nothing connected to the AC OUT. Is that going to be OK? I'm concerned that the AC OUT will be energized but I have no wires connected.

Thanks,
Michael

Better to be patient and test it only when you have all the needed components. Though if you just had the battery testing would be a possibility because it is designed to operate without AC in and PV in.

If you had a 60V bench top power supply you could set it to 51VDC to power it up, just like Will does with his SP6548 video... but not much you can do except play with the display unless you have the PV and battery

Hmm that’s a thought. I have a PS somewhere gotta dig it out. And I’ll check Will’s video too. Right now I just want to power it up, play with the menus, make sure it’s not DOA. I think four 400w panels are in my near future…

Back