diy solar

diy solar

How would I go around adding battery storage to this?

Dominic

Hey people,

Research shows me we'd need to get a communication box for his Enphase IQ Combiner 3?

But the product leaves me to think it’s only with proprietary batteries..

Below is the system:

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 00.29.20.jpeg

Last edited:
Connect the battery to the output of the solar module with a voltage limited high current relay, then use another voltage sensitive high current relay to change the load path when the solar array goes below load voltage.

That's how I'd do it.

Thank you! I figured it was in line with this.

Im researching AIO now.

Having micro inverters, can I connect them to an inverter like the eg4 18k? Or would I need to remove the micro inverters?

Connect the battery to the output of the solar module with a voltage limited high current relay, then use another voltage sensitive high current relay to change the load path when the solar array goes below load voltage.

That's how I'd do it.
Alrighty, I’ll need to research this a bit further too- obviously no plug and play option currently.

Thank you! I figured it was in line with this.

Im researching AIO now.

Having micro inverters, can I connect them to an inverter like the eg4 18k? Or would I need to remove the micro inverters?
The eg4 would take the enphase input on the generator. From the manual

4.8 AC Coupling Installation Connection

The inverter can accept PV solar inputs to both MPPT channels and AC coupled solar input at the same time. The AC coupled solar input can be up to 90A of AC power or 21.6kW of solar. The MPPT channels can handle up to 18kW of solar, with 12kW available for back feeding the utility grid. Therefore, up to 33.6kW of AC power could be sent back to the grid. For this amount of back feed, users will need either a feeder tap or supply side tap as the point of utility interconnection. (See Diagrams 4.3 and 4.4 for more information) The existing solar system is connected to the inverter's GEN terminal. For AC Coupling wiring configuration, see Diagram 4.9.

Back