diy solar

diy solar

Question

outlaw525s1991

Sorry if this has been asked already I’m new just made an account today. I have a ecoworthy 6 string combiner box that has 10amp fuses for each string. I am wondering if it’s possible for me to swap those out and change them to 10amp dc breakers instead? My system is not fully operational yet I’m in the process of building my cabin and have not made it to building my solar rack yet. My soon to be system is 6 100watt mighty max polycrystalline panels, 2 100ah lead acid deep cycle/marine batteries,Jupiter 2000w pure sine wave inverter, the combiner box stated above and a 50amp claims to be mppt charge controller but I feel it’s just a basic pwm. All my solar cables are 10awg and once the rack is built from the combiner box to inside the cabin will only be roughly a 50ft run to the inside of the cabin. My battery wire for connecting then in parallel is 6awg copper wire and my wire from battery bank(if you consider two batteries a bank lol,I’m just getting started) is 1/0ccm was supposed to be copper but I did not catch it in time. My system is based of my step fathers. He’s had his system at his off grid cabin for almost ten years. Our only differences are that he has 8 of the 12v mighty max polycrystalline panels and he has 8 of the 100ah batteries. He doesn’t use a combiner box and his inverter is not pure sine wave but other than that I have mimicked him due to how knowledgeable he is in general and the fact he’s had his going for almost ten years and has had zero problems with the only updates being him adding too his system. Like me he started with a couple panels and batteries and has developed it throughout time. He has never had to replace a panel or battery and has had zero issues thus far. I would like to state we are no experts. He started his as a hobbie to try to solve how off grid his cabin is without always relying on a generator. I in the other hand have taken all the information he has taught me and with my own drive and liking of it dove deeper into it. Discovering things like the combiner box and reading about the difference in charge controllers and how pure sine is supposed to be more efficient. He’s a very busy guy who just doesn’t have the time to go down the rabbit hole like me now I think he relies a little on me to discover the upgrades and relay to him like he did me. Thanks for your time I do appreciate it,
Allen

Attachments

• IMG_1608.png
    IMG_1608.png
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1609.png
    IMG_1609.png
    932.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1610.png
    IMG_1610.png
  • IMG_1611.png
    IMG_1611.png
  • IMG_1612.png
    IMG_1612.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1613.png
    IMG_1613.png
    548.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1614.png
    IMG_1614.png
    442 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1615.png
    IMG_1615.png
    776.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1616.png
    IMG_1616.png
    945.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1617.png
    IMG_1617.png
    806.2 KB · Views: 4
Yes
Din rail Miniature Circuit Breakers will easily swap in.
Okay thank you just wasn’t sure if there was a specific reason as to why they were fuses and not breakers I assumed probably cost but just wanted to make sure. Much rather flip a breaker than try to always have fuses. Not that I plan to go threw them I just know my luck. Thank you

Back