diy solar

diy solar

HQST charge controller compatibility cant get any support

sargas2

Hi all this is my first time posting. I've been trying to get a response for weeks on what to buy since they have some good sale prices. But HQST has yet to respond with anything except for an automated email. I have a
HQST 40A 12/24V MPPT Solar Charge Controller paired with 4 HQST 100W 12V 9BB Monocrystalline Solar Panels. I'm trying to add another 4 panels. I know I need another charge controller but I am unsure of compatibility. I cant find any info on my original charge controller. And since my setup is several hours away I only have this picture of it for reference. From what I am reading only certain controllers are compatible with the RS485 Parallel Charge Connection Cable for MPPT Controllers. I believe that as long as I match the 40A12/24v MPPT style I should be ok to add it to my setup but I don't know if this will work with the RS485 Parallel Charge Connection Cable for MPPT Controllers. Id really like to get confirmation if possible if I need to upgrade my exiting controller or just add another with the new panels. And if there are considerations for the controller I may not be away of for compatibility. Thank you in advance for your help!
charge controller.jpg

Attachments

• 1701965415903.png
    1701965415903.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 4
Is there a sticker on the mppt with model number or anything. The front is generic and hqst just resells other manufacturers products

Compatibility for what? You can just wire up multiple charge controllers to the same battery. The only rule is not to hook up more amps than your battery can receive.

Hi all this is my first time posting. I've been trying to get a response for weeks on what to buy since they have some good sale prices. But HQST has yet to respond with anything except for an automated email. I have a
HQST 40A 12/24V MPPT Solar Charge Controller paired with 4 HQST 100W 12V 9BB Monocrystalline Solar Panels. I'm trying to add another 4 panels. I know I need another charge controller but I am unsure of compatibility. I cant find any info on my original charge controller. And since my setup is several hours away I only have this picture of it for reference. From what I am reading only certain controllers are compatible with the RS485 Parallel Charge Connection Cable for MPPT Controllers. I believe that as long as I match the 40A12/24v MPPT style I should be ok to add it to my setup but I don't know if this will work with the RS485 Parallel Charge Connection Cable for MPPT Controllers. Id really like to get confirmation if possible if I need to upgrade my exiting controller or just add another with the new panels. And if there are considerations for the controller I may not be away of for compatibility. Thank you in advance for your help!
View attachment 181562

It looks like a rebadged ePever. Perhaps you can get some info via the docs on that.

Back