diy solar

diy solar

Hybrid Charge Controller / solar / battery / generator - Grid backup

doubleld

I am looking to construct an "off grid" system that will be grid tied only for backup.
I would like the typical solar/battery combo with a generator that will kick in if battery gets too low.
I would also like to have an option to have the system switch to grid but only if needed (problem with generator or something like that).

Is there a system out there configured like this now?

Thanks

Larry

Absolutely. Check out altestore.com ,one stop shop. Can hardly beat an outback inverter system for this application. Shneider has a good inverter also. Hybrids amd grid tie with backup types will have what you need. The transfer, charger controller with auto gem start and programability for all.

If your budget will not allow that equipment or you have no need for grid tie, an aims or sigineer (sigineer almost exactly an aims and 2/3 the price) also have the stuff and type of settings (grid as backup) but will not have a second ac (generator) input, forcing you to manually transfer from grid or gen. The machine will transfer itself from ac sourc to inverter power though....

Back