diy solar

diy solar

Hybrid recommendation

testtenor

Hi all, I currently have 2x Sofar ME3000SP hybrid inverters each charging one 15kwh battery pack (30kwh in total). The issue is that the two inverters don't speak to eachother and sometimes they get into issues charging/discharging into eachother.

Can anyone recommend replacements which speak to each other and as large changing/discharging power as is reasonable? I'm in the UK as an fyi. The inverters aren't tied to my solar, that uses string inverters, so the solar side isn't an issue, but the system needs CT monitoring capabilities

the Sunsynk , they have UK resellers and support, support the dynamic octoplus rates..
in hardware they are the same as Deye/Sol-ark...
btw sol-ark is not sold outside the USA

I am in the uk and have been using a Deye 16kw for about 2 months without issue. it runs my entire house coupled to 30kwh of batteries and av 6kw solar array

You need compatible power inverters of same make ie 3.6kw that work in Parallel setting via a Comms cable between inverter 1 to 2
Normal comms cable from inverter 1 as per setting up from inverter manual as Standalone as in 1 normal inverter.

Off top off head Lux Power works LV batteries 52 volts think Pylontech
Solax Hybrid X1 with their proprietary batteries but HV 100v + Solax LFP 5.8kW or newer 3.0kw also can’t match and mismatch with the two size batteries plus more costly than Pylontech LV 52 volt battery

Apparently AC inverters are not compatible for Parallel activity.

You need to do some research on LV Parallel compatible inverters to work with your existing battery system.

Changing inverters requires DNO notification
using Form D to Decommission and re-apply for G99 Fast Track or Full G99 application for new install, which might effect FIT or SEG with MSC certification for your energy provider with DNO confirmation email for approval. Just Heads up unless you already know this involves more cost, time and effort.

Would it not be better to ask the DNO to upgrade to larger inverter for higher power charge/discharge for the whole battery system running off one large inverter.

you can software limit the solar output to the grid on a larger capacity inverter. This seemed to satisfy my DNO for the G99 I just had to send pictures.

Back