diy solar

diy solar

HybridBMS

danphillips

Has anyone heard of or has experience with this HybridBMS

He really seems to have a solution for marine / RV mixed systems (lead acid and Lifepo4). I like the approach - will it work ?

Please take a look at this article and let me know if this could work. I just purchased a boat and it has existing Lead Acid batteries, I would like to add my LifePo4 batteries to the bank in the simplest way.

I'm a career programmer and I would be hesitant to go with a solution like that personally, especially in a nautical environment that may be more mission critical. While the application seems to be BMS focused, there are a lot of interconnections that it appears to be controlling and that would make me nervous.

While the developer says it's "open source", that doesn't mean anything unless well established entities are working with and supporting the code. Any code I write can be "open source" if I decide to put it in a shared repository, but that doesn't mean everyone will understand the underlying structure and specific reasoning for my model or necessarily understand why certain procedures are implemented based on an understanding of possibly other systems that may interconnect.

It sounds like you'd be putting all your eggs in what appears to be one person's basket for implementation. I would stick with well known and established products and as a bonus, people here can provide assistance if it's something they are already familiar with - especially with a more mission criticial system used for boating. Just my opinion though.

There are many here that don't feel that it is a wise/safe option. I have been running a hybrid system since last summer. I agree with Frans on this subject. But, at the end of the day. If I have issues that I cant deal with, (I have only dealt with several minor issues...yet) I have the option of hooking up and going home. On a boat that is not so easy. Good luck with your project.

There's no code nor schematic. It's not open source (yet).

diy solar

diy solar
Back