diy solar

diy solar

I bought to many panels

I'm also in PA, what did you go with as far as angles for panels?
I built a tilting mount.
I used this thread as a guide and built mine out of wood. Photos here.

In the winter I keep them ~50° to help with snow sliding and I see full production.
If I were building a fixed mount I'd go with ~40° year round.
I'd rather take a hit in the summer when there are longer days than summer

I built a tilting mount.

In the winter I keep them ~50° to help with snow sliding and I see full production.
Thanks for the links. I'm sad that my panels will be roof first, panels later, but it is what it is. As of right now, it'll be about 15 degrees, but I'm coming up with ways to adjust the panels in the winter.

I built a tilting mount.

Thanks for the links. I'm sad that my panels will be roof first, panels later, but it is what it is. As of right now, it'll be about 15 degrees, but I'm coming up with ways to adjust the panels in the winter.

Just a thought. If you have too many panels, you could simply mount the panels for optimum winter production and rather than spend more money, use the inverter and battery that you already have.

I have 9 on a S facing roof that's close to 15 degrees and 9 on a W facing roof around 20 degrees. During winter they don't come close to rated output, maybe 80% but they definitely still help.

I had 4.2kw of panels and a growatt 3k inverter and a 15kwh battery. Good size, right?

Then I accidently bought 28 more panels for $25 a pop.

So now I'm up to 9600w, i need to get more inverter. At 9600w, I can take care of 90% of my power, so I want to do that. The growatt's are stackable, but do I really want to buy 3 more growatts? Or more?

I monitor my power consumption with an efergy power monitoring station, and when use gets high, i can see 10-12kw at once with ac, dryer, pool pump, air fryer, etc. Obviously I'll be upgrading battery eventually but I want inverters that can handle the load.
How big are the panels? Sell them on the forum…

How big are the panels? Sell them on the forum…
No sell, only buy.

They're sharp 240w and I'm up to 46 of them. I'll put up a 11kw array off the back of the house, and when I'm ready, another off the back of the pool cabana. And when I'm ready for the garage, that's 19kw. And no net metering, I'll just grow my battery bank. I have 15kwh and plans to grow to 90kwh

diy solar

diy solar
Back