diy solar

diy solar

I purchased 11/21 new 280Ah (4 cells) from Alibaba maintained new 280Ah (4 cells) from Alibaba. Replacing 1 cell on a 4 cell 280Ah set

Mister Mike

I had a tech out to figure out as soon as the sun goes down my system stops working. While trying to trace the problem a spark came out of the positive terminal on the 2nd cell closest to the positive cable. He said he’s 90% sure that the battery is the problem.

Sounds like a bad connection loose or corrosion if it’s a diy battery go back and check all the buss bars also check all cell voltages

I’ll check all that. Everything works fine in the sun or with the vehicle running and then stops working about 5 minutes after sunset until sunrise and it all works again. If anyone truly know how to fix this I’m prepared to run about 500 mile round trip from Nashville Tn. for help. The tech thought it may be the shunt at first. I already dropped $350 for him to look at it and about $350 for the 100Ah one coming from Amazon and those 280Ah batteries may well be okay. I did the entire build myself except for the power. I just don’t get it and I’d rather not throw parts at it hoping I get it right. Anyway, that’s all I have in me for today. Thank you very much. MikeMike Embody Wiring Diagram.png

Back