diy solar

diy solar

I was just sitting there ..

offgriddle

"FOREVER BEGINNING"
I was just sitting there in an eerily abandoned city, (see body snatchers 1978), having lunch and enjoying the lack of exhaust fumes whilst thinking about asking people in the solar forum their thoughts on my purchasing of a couple of 50 amp, 12 volt, series capable batteries with built in BMS's. Would the BMS's be compatible with one another? Would I be able to program and monitor the BMS's via a USB cable and if so what would be good batteries to purchase for such a task?

As I mulled over being lazy and paying more for less versus purchasing individual cells and BMS's and building a much better and more flexible battery myself, what I can only describe as a gang suddenly descended upon me. The leader was one tough bird and he made it clear in no uncertain terms that I was on his turf and my lunch was his lunch.

I figured that one of me versus several of them was not good odds so I left my lunch on the bench to divert their attention and beat a hasty retreat.

I'IMG_20200403_120728.jpgm not going back there again.

Geez, been seeing news reports the past few days with Goats coming off mountains and into towns which are now in lockdown mode. There was one article where mountain lions and cougars (Cat Variety, not the other type) are wandering around. Wildlife is CONFUSED and wondering what the heck is going on. I'm sure as things continue, we will be seeing more critters and more stories.

Isn't it nice to be outside and see clear blue skies, smell "Clean Air" and hear the birdsong and everything that was all drowned out before. There are people in this world who have Never experienced that before, they must be in semi-shock.

Geez, been seeing news reports the past few days with Goats coming off mountains and into towns which are now in lockdown mode. There was one article where mountain lions and cougars (Cat Variety, not the other type) are wandering around. Wildlife is CONFUSED and wondering what the heck is going on. I'm sure as things continue, we will be seeing more critters and more stories.

Isn't it nice to be outside and see clear blue skies, smell "Clean Air" and hear the birdsong and everything that was all drowned out before. There are people in this world who have Never experienced that before, they must be in semi-shock.

Last evening my neighbor was lamenting over the crisis of the moment and he said," I hope things go back to normal soon", and I replied, "I hope things never return to normal".

...IMG_20200328_115022.jpg

Here's a pleasant ditty from Chuck Pigeione ...

Photo: Lunch break walking .. make sure you go for a walk every day or do the equivalent ..
IMG_20200325_123021.jpg

Last edited:
Considering I live in the midst of large forest in the North Country, I do not see "rural pigeons" but I do see a whole lot of everything else and the local entertainment by the chipmunks is always fun.
Oh yes you live in a dreamy place, some may say, "oh but it snows", regarding snow I see winter as a beautiful and refreshing change, challenge, motivator and opportunity.

Speaking of plants and critters of all shapes and sizes that inhabit responsibly and sustainably managed and lived in natural acreages, I returned home to find two large white tail deer wading through my permaculture garden like it was a free salad bar. Fookers!

Gaia's garden Permaculture Guide.

Oh yes you live in a dreamy place, some may say, "oh but it snows", regarding snow I see winter as a beautiful and refreshing change, challenge, motivator and opportunity.

Speaking of plants and critters of all shapes and sizes that inhabit responsibly and sustainably managed and lived in natural acreages, I returned home to find two large white tail deer wading through my permaculture garden like it was a free salad bar. Fookers!

Gaia's garden Permaculture Guide.
ROFLOL BUT YOU are in Their Yard so you have to pay rent hehehe... and of course the opportunists they are, certainly won't turn down a nice fresh snack. Deer, Turkeys, Rabbits and everything else is abundant here, at least the bears mind their own business and don't come close.

Back