diy solar

diy solar

I wonder what kind of batteries are used in this bus

Jesus christ you are simple. You dont think anything through at all, do you.

The example of the cars I built was simply to show that the power gains made by manufactures was easily attainable by anyone with some interest. As for fuel efficiency, they all tend to see economy improvements. Power and efficiency improvements all happened at a cost to emissions, and durability of course. Implying that anyone in the enthusiast community could achieve power, efficiency, emissions and durability (all four of them) improvements over the oem is just another example of how weak minded and pathetic the argument is and how desperate you are in the attempt to be right.

Reciprocating ICE has reached or has very nearly reached its limits unless there is a substantial change in fuel or materials. The advancements being made today are minuscule and coming at huge cost. We are well into the "diminished returns" part of the curve.

Electronic fuel controls have done nothing to improve peak power or efficiency. What they did was make it possible to improve the power and efficiency throughout the RPM range. This is the general theme of all the advancements made over the past 50 years. Variable valve timing and intake runners were the same thing. They made engines "more powerful" not because the peak power was substantially improved but because they were able to provide an engine that was able to change its dynamic characteristics on the fly and then have its fuel delivery and spark events match those changes resulting in an engine that had far more "area under the curve". There has been very little advancement in terms of actually improving the achievable peak fuel efficiency and power of a reciprocating ICE.

There are a few hopefull ICE developments that may result in actual huge improvements in ICE efficiency but they are huge diversions from what is currently "the standard". Things like this:

Just to demonstrate how absolutely stupid the arguments you make are, first you say this:

Then you say this,

"so there." Really!? did you ever mature past elementary school?

You say my **** box is not relevant to mass production and then some how a 7 second viper that is expected to fail on any pass is relevant to mass production?

Am I supposed to be surprised a V10 displacing over 8 liters and is supercharged with hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on it and built with aftermarket parts and control developed 20 years after I built a 2 liter inline 4 and spent less than $10k on it, would outperform it?

Yet today you can walk into a showroom and buy a 1000+ HP electric car

Please try to think before you type and then maybe you'd be worth further engagement.

Edit:

Responding to the stupidity made me forget to include this;

The point of bringing up my car from 20 years ago was the fact that 20 years ago, you could pick up a car from the dealership, take it home and for a few thousand dollars, literally quadruple its power output form 150hp to 600hp. Today, ignoring emissions and durability, the aftermarket and enthusiasts are lucky if they can eek out 10 to at best 25%. Again, that is completely ignoring emissions and durability. We are done making any substantial improvements in reciprocating ICE.
Of course we are. Govt has mandated it. At best, 10 to 25%? Are you lying on purpose or did you just fail 3rd grade math class? That 7 second viper makes better than 1700 horsepower.

Of course we are. Govt has mandated it. At best, 10 to 25%? Are you lying on purpose or did you just fail 3rd grade math class? That 7 second viper makes better than 1700 horsepower.
What did they have to change to get to 1700 hp? What fuel are they using? You want to move goal posts all over to make your argument. Sure, people can jump 6 feet in the air (on the moon), women can swim 500 meters in 4 minutes 37 seconds, if they used to be a man........

I made 600hp on pump gas using boost alone and the only internals I changed was swapping out cast pistons for forged and the powder rods for billet. Everything else was stock including the factory MLS head gasket. The engineers left so much on the table in terms of strength. The factory drive line including the CV axles tolerated that until I started launching with slicks and traction compound. The engineers do not leave that anywhere near that much on the table anymore.

Now toyota is selling to the public a 1.6l, 300 hp 3 cylinder turbocharged engine and no one can do much with it, unless of course they change the fuel, but now of course you have moved the goal posts. The internals are all forged and billet. Head gaskets cant be improved much or at all over the factory offerings. there isnt much to be found anymore.

The oem will kill the efforts of enthusiasts if they put any effort and resources at a challenge. They know what they are doing:

"The Ecotec was now finally reliable to 650 hp at 19 psi of boost-a relatively low level of boost, indicating outstanding volumetric efficiency. "

They made 650hp out of a 2.2l at 19 lbs of boost. I had to stuff 45 lbs of boost into a 2l to make 600. They know what they are doing and know where the limits are. You could buy that crate engine and go racing with it in the early 2000s. No one makes significantly more power out of a 2l 20 years later.

@Batvette Link to the viper you are talking about. Lets have a look at it and dissect what it is and what has been done to it.

diy solar

diy solar
Back