diy solar

diy solar

Ideas to cover unused battery wire end

jaytee

On my rv I went to lithium and removed under hood coach battery. I have a live positive cable unused and want to keep it around but out of the way ziptied to a semi safe spot. Taped up the cable end but is there a cleaner boot or cable cover anyone aware of?

Attachments

• 6938708D-A2D2-4FB2-95F0-26666A953FB8.jpeg
    6938708D-A2D2-4FB2-95F0-26666A953FB8.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 9
On my rv I went to lithium and removed under hood coach battery. I have a live positive cable unused and want to keep it around but out of the way ziptied to a semi safe spot. Taped up the cable end but is there a cleaner boot or cable cover anyone aware of?
Marine grade heat-shrink should seal the end up nicely.
Cut the wire and insulation flush and leave sufficient overlap of the heat shrink to seal the end.
possibly put a plastic "cork" in the end if you can find something the correct size.

Marine grade heat-shrink should seal the end up nicely.
Cut the wire and insulation flush and leave sufficient overlap of the heat shrink to seal the end.
possibly put a plastic "cork" in the end if you can find something the correct size.
I'd like to be able to be easily able to remove the protection when I need to access positive cable for manual charging if needed.

I have a 6 gauge wire that I took out of service a couple years ago in my RV trailer that was still active. I used electrician's tape. This year I found a use for that same wire. The tape was in great shape and I wished that I hadn't done such an effective job of taping it up.

Back