diy solar

diy solar

Identify "Extra?" Pairs of Wires on the F Terminals? Costway (& other brands) Fridge

Windnsalsa

I have a Costway 54-Quarts / 52 Liters 12v [no 120 AC] fridge that I found abandoned at a fleamarket that came with a compressor model “Hua Jun ZH25G", which is supposedly a Chinese knock-off of the Danfoss/SECOPs compressor. Per attached photo, the control module has double wires on both the +/- F [fan] terminals. My question is what do the extra pair of yellow & gray wires for, besides the fan? The 2 pairs of yellow & gray wires go up into the fridge compartment. The double wire pairs look factory wired. Most of the modules I've seen consist of 1 wire connected to each the +/- terminal. I want to document these particular wires before salvaging the module as a backup for any fridge that I may encounter that might need a module replacement.

Secondly, are there ways to accurately test to determine whether or not a module works completely?

The symptoms are:
1. broken door hinges; still seems to close completely
2. a couple of small plastic broke off
3. MAIN SYMPTOM is no cooling. Temperature remains the same as ambient temp equal to what is indicated when powered on. I sprayed soap water on the copper hoses & couldn't find any obvious leak. I am guessing gas is empty.

When I disconnect either or both the F+ connectors, everything function as if no connector were disconnected.
-LCD display
-internal light
-compressor

Thanks!costway.refrigerator.fridge.fleamarket-edit.jpg

Back