diy solar

diy solar

Idle Consumption Of GROWATT SPF 6000T DVM

bin

Does anybody know what the idle consumption is for the

GROWATT SPF 6000T DVM?​

This is why it is really nice when manufacturers put this number in their spec sheet.. But I see a trend where the good ones do put it in their spec sheet and the bad ones leave it out ?

This is why it is really nice when manufacturers put this number in their spec sheet.. But I see a trend where the good ones do put it in their spec sheet and the bad ones leave it out ?
You are talking about a company that posts a partial spec sheet on their main product page and states that the "operating temperature range" is "<2000W" and the "altitude" is "0°C to 50°C".

not true, mine consumes 45w idle, when running high loads fan kicks in and it increases to 65w

Reactions: Rho
not true, mine consumes 45w idle, when running high loads fan kicks in and it increases to 65w
It helps to quote what you are replying to. Which statement isn't true?

I like the comparison with with Victron...

Please compare the selling price of a complete functional Victron system of the same power rating (~2.5...3x bigger)

Regarding the idle power consumption.
Take in consideration 1/2 time the inverter is powered from PV.
So the total idle energy consumption for one year is...
0.08kw x 12 x 365

This higher idle power hurts especially on a small battery and on dark days.

Seeing close to a 150w idle consumption on the spf6000t. It definitely eats up some battery during the night and cloudy days.

Did you post here?:

I’d say around 50-150w is accurate for the growatt 6000t.

I have one growatt battery. It’s a 5KWH.
I usually leave for my 12hour work day with battery fully charged via generator.
I’m in the woods so I can turn it on at 5am.
My 50w mini fridge and idle consumption of the growatt 6000t will drop the battery SOC from %100 to %65 in that 12 hour period.
I’m currently looking for panels so I can get away from this whole 5am generator thing.
Gotta keep my mini fridge on lol ?

Seeing close to a 150w idle consumption on the spf6000t. It definitely eats up some battery during the night and cloudy days.
Turn off at night. That is how I control the night time munchies monster.

Last edited:
Turn off at night. That is how I control the night time munchies monster.
Nope. The shop needs electricity at night, so whatever the shop uses at night to power some deepfreezers and frigs plus at least 150w wasted energy, which coincidentally, is about what the deepfreezer uses.

Nope. The shop needs electricity at night, so whatever the shop uses at night to power some deepfreezers and frigs plus at least 150w wasted energy, which coincidentally, is about what the deepfreezer uses.
Well I do understand. I have found if you have good freezer I can turn off at 10pm and on at 530 am. Everything is still solid as a rock. Probably depends where you live. I do because my grid power is costly. First time was accident. Then released full freezer kept it cold. Not sure how much it comes on at night.

Well I do understand. I have found if you have good freezer I can turn off at 10pm and on at 530 am. Everything is still solid as a rock. Probably depends where you live. I do because my grid power is costly. First time was accident. Then released full freezer kept it cold. Not sure how much it comes on at night.
Oh yeah. Things would more than likely remain frozen till morining but the first time I'm late for work and forget to turn things back on ... I'm going to loose a lot of frozen Crappie fillets and my beer will be hot!

If times get tough and with my limited solar capacity, things like deep freezers and frigs will be 'cycled' to allow room for other needs.

Reactions: Rho
Oh yeah. Things would more than likely remain frozen till morining but the first time I'm late for work and forget to turn things back on ... I'm going to loose a lot of frozen Crappie fillets and my beer will be hot!

If times get tough and with my limited solar capacity, things like deep freezers and frigs will be 'cycled' to allow room for other needs.
Oh yes I can relate to that. Thinking about timers on each appliance or possibly the circuit.

diy solar

diy solar
Back