diy solar

diy solar

Increased power

Sunpower888

Good morning or good day All.
I recently connected six 6 volt batteries in series and parallel receiving power solar power from about 800 watts. The solar panels are connected in parallel.

My question is for anyone who has any ideas, is how can I increase my so I can run my coffee maker or microwave? My only idea is to connected the solar panels in series to increase the voltage and the connected the batteries in series tondi the same. I still don’t think that’s going to provide me with enough wattage to run 1000 appliances?

Dave

watts are watts.

If you have 500w of panels there is no combination of them that will give you more than 500w.

You need an inverter large enough to power the device (in your case likely 2000w) and a battery bank that will output enough current to keep up with the demand.

12v systems require 160amps to power those kinds of devices and smaller lead acid batteries will struggle to maintain those kinds of currents.

To power those kinds of devices my recommendation is 24v inverters and battery configuration. 48v is even better.

Back