diy solar

diy solar

Info needed on how to use certain features on a Chinese mini-split heatpump.

Luk88

Solar Enthusiast
So i have this Chinese Air-Water heatpump I installed mainly to have something to use extra pv electricity for in the summer, but also to try underfloor hydronic cooling (we now seem to have switched from the hottest summer ever to the coolest one just as I completed my HP install - what a surprise... )

But the key thing is, the heat pump cones with lots of cool features such as modbus control, many inputs for solar , for low voltage switches etc. The user interface is pretty straight forward, but how do I wire them? There is a diagram in the manual and the door of the indoor unit , but all it says is : connector J4 low voltage switch ,spare,spare,spare. So there should be 4 sets of two wires, right? Wrong... Connector J4 has exactly 7 pins labelked D1 to D7 and there is a line drawn between D1 and D2. I have no idea if this means D1 is common. If so, why have 6 inputs ? Does anyone know?

Then there is the issue of solar. I assumed it is some sort of low voltage signal input that signals when extra solar energy is available. But the manual shows some weird 230V connection labelled solar pump station. Does anyone know what this is about?

I attach a relevant page of the manual. The make and model will not tell anyone anything. As it is locally branded (tcl 8kw r32) . It uses a "Huilian Smart App". I doubt it very much but if anyone has any modbus related info I'm very interested in finding out about it.Screenshot_1719960326382.jpg

diy solar

diy solar
Back