diy solar

diy solar

Inverter drawing too many amps

wolkstyx

Newbie here,
I just installed a Victron 2000 Multiplus and while testing it out my amperage draw changed from 1.95 amps while on shore power to 29.88 when I unplugged and went to use the inverter.
I’m using an Epoch 300 ah battery and I have no ac loads on. Not sure what’s going on.
How do I troubleshoot this problem?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1093.png
    IMG_1093.png
    109 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1092.png
    IMG_1092.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 12
When you say there is no load does that mean there is nothing connected to the output terminals of the inverter or that you don't believe there is any load that you know of turned on.

If the output of the inverter is connected to a breaker or fuse panel then start turning turning off circuits one at a time.

Thanks for the comments,
I started with the battery at 100% and then unplugged from shore power to check out the Multiplus since I hadn’t had a chance to use it yet.
It immediately showed the change in amps drawn shown in the picture. When plugged back into shore power, it went back to the 1.9 amp draw.
When I said there was no ac load I meant I didn’t have a microwave, coffee maker of any 120 v appliance running, just baseline, nothing extra drawing power.

Thanks for the comments,
I started with the battery at 100% and then unplugged from shore power to check out the Multiplus since I hadn’t had a chance to use it yet.
It immediately showed the change in amps drawn shown in the picture. When plugged back into shore power, it went back to the 1.9 amp draw.
When I said there was no ac load I meant I didn’t have a microwave, coffee maker of any 120 v appliance running, just baseline, nothing extra drawing power.
Was your fridge on or converter?

2.2A of 120v power is like usb bricks on.

Not much load.
If things are plugged in but not on, now you know how much they draw when off.

I guess my concern is that when I’ve been dry camping in the past and only using my battery without the inverter, I’ve never had it draw down so quickly and have that kind of increased amperage draw. It’s just now after I installed the inverter. I plug in shore power, all is well, I unplug from shore power and the inverter turns on and it immediately show the increased amperage draw and the battery voltage decreases quickly.
I guess I’ll disconnect my solar controllers and all accessories from Lynx distributor and start from scratch and see if I can find the culprit.
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and suggestions.

diy solar

diy solar
Back