diy solar

diy solar

Inverter High AC Voltage Trips

BenW

This is information about what I did to prevent my Solaredge SE7600HD from tripping due to high AC voltages. In April of 2022 I discovered my inverter was tripping off during the day mostly due to when the clouds align and make power spikes. My system is about 120 feet from the main panel and another 80 feet to the transformer so I think it takes a little higher than normal voltage to move the power. What I did was on the Reactive Power setpoint I went from Cos-Phi to (Q)U+(Q)P which is Volt-Var control. I didn't need to have Vars adjusted for power so I left all those at 100% on that screen (Q)P. What I did change was the (Q)U settings. Q is Vars and U is voltage. My grid protection is Solaredge password protected with the high voltage trip at 264 volts. My system was regularly at that time of year going over 260 volts. I set up the (Q)U table so (-) Vars or Reactive Power start to come in at 256 Volts and max out at 262 volts. I used a (+) 8 as the max setting at 262 volts. (+) number gives (-) Vars. Doing this has kept voltage lower and haven't had any similar trips since doing this. I left all the Q settings below the 256 volts at 0. Maybe this will help someone having similar issues.

Back