diy solar

diy solar

Inverter recommendations

chilly2

Hello!

Current setup - 3kw PV array to 48v 60a charge controller to 48V LiFePO4 5kw battery feeding a zero export grid tie only inverter.

I'd like to add a 48v off grid inverter for grid down situations, and would really like it to be split phase. The breakers for the cooker, AC and dryer would be turned off in this scenario so it's not so much about the 240v support as being able to reach all 120v circuits in the house.

My array is heavily shaded (by a neighbor's monster tree) until noon. I've mitigated it somewhat with shorter strings in parallel, 3S4P 90v. This means a problem for a 120v min PV on most AIOs, so what I'm thinking is array -> SCC -> 48v battery -> AIO battery in, or alternatively a traditional split phase inverter (that just inverts).

I've looked at...

- WZRELB 3kw 120/240 - ~$500.
- PowMR 5kw ~$700 (of which I'd have to buy two to get split phase).
- SRNE 10kw (and rebadged variants) ~$1500-$1600.

The easy option seems like the WZRELB. I'm just aware it's very much the 'lights, base load and fridge' choice. Any other options I should be aware of? Budget is an absolute minimum (the systems above I can do via small monthly payments), or I'd be using some beefy EG4 type setup.

Thanks

Hello!

Current setup - 3kw PV array to 48v 60a charge controller to 48V LiFePO4 5kw battery feeding a zero export grid tie only inverter.

I'd like to add a 48v off grid inverter for grid down situations, and would really like it to be split phase. The breakers for the cooker, AC and dryer would be turned off in this scenario so it's not so much about the 240v support as being able to reach all 120v circuits in the house.

My array is heavily shaded (by a neighbor's monster tree) until noon. I've mitigated it somewhat with shorter strings in parallel, 3S4P 90v. This means a problem for a 120v min PV on most AIOs, so what I'm thinking is array -> SCC -> 48v battery -> AIO battery in, or alternatively a traditional split phase inverter (that just inverts).

I've looked at...

- WZRELB 3kw 120/240 - ~$500.
- PowMR 5kw ~$700 (of which I'd have to buy two to get split phase).
- SRNE 10kw (and rebadged variants) ~$1500-$1600.

The easy option seems like the WZRELB. I'm just aware it's very much the 'lights, base load and fridge' choice. Any other options I should be aware of? Budget is an absolute minimum (the systems above I can do via small monthly payments), or I'd be using some beefy EG4 type setup.

Thanks

IMHO, I would go with the powmr 5k or the srne 10k, both are made by srne, and I a just love their inverters.

IMHO, I would go with the powmr 5k or the srne 10k, both are made by srne, and I a just love their inverters.

Thanks for the reply! I ended up getting the WZRELB as I was able to pick it up for $340 on sale. I can test how everything will do before going to a bigger device.

Of course, now I need to find a 48v AC charger, something the PowMR or SRNE 10k would have had built in!

Back