diy solar

diy solar

UK grid-tie inverter recommendations

(y) so all the more reason to avoid using 15 cells battery packs with the Solis. I'm getting around 4600W (battery alone) when battery voltage is 52V and have max discharge set to 95A - so that should be about 4800W once I increase discharge to 100A.

It's a curious thing, in this hobby, how none of the useful information is ever mentioned in the product manual :ROFLMAO:

Yes, very underhand, IMHO, of Pylontech to be economical with the truth and non-standard in their design

Interesting re Pylontech - thought they were supposed to be good. Will investigate the Fogstar one but as this is a replacement it may be harder to negotiate. If I can't easily change should I be concerned about PylonTech - they do seem popular? Thanks for the other technical info.

OI assume the Solis can limit export to the G98 level? (3.68kW)

nb. DIY definitely an option but I have too many other DIY projects to do including putting the panels themselves on the garage roof and building a frame to sit them on, so maybe that's one thing I should leave......

Last edited:
If I can't easily change should I be concerned about PylonTech - they do seem popular? Thanks for the other technical info.
I don't have Pylontech's but lots do, as you noted. I personally wouldn't have any concerns regarding the battery packs themselves in terms of reliability, compatibility or longevity. In fact I have been impressed with the way their internal BMS handles charging towards high SOC to allow for cell balance and their reduced charge at low temps - from the graphs on some threads on here, their internal algorithms look almost as good as my DIY one ;) 👩‍💻:ROFLMAO:. (see my posting here /this thread...)

There is also the ability to monitor them using various open source projects, like I mentioned in this posting...

The only concerns I would have would be - as I mentioned above - slightly reduced power due to the lower voltage and the inability to mix and match with 16-cell based packs in the future. Having said that, unless you are DIYing the battery to inverter CANBus communications then you would need to stick with one family of battery packs anyway.

Back