diy solar

diy solar

GTIL2 1KW grid tie inverter UK

Hi everyone
I've been lurking for a while now but this is my first time posting. A family member already has a solar array thsts around 10 years old ( gets paid generation tariff in the UK) but doesn't have battery storage. He's wanting to add a sun GTIL2 1KW inverter that runs on batterys and is charged by a separate array to the one on the roof. He wants the existing array to power the house through the day but then the GTIL2 to kick in as the sun goes down and power the house through the night. Is there a way to have the existing solar array still feed back to the grid but have the GTIL2 on standby for when the sun goes down just to supply the house demand? He doesn't want the GTIL2 to pump all the battery power back to the grid during the night when the sun goes down.
Thanks in advance

You’re in luck!
That’s exactly what I did.

Did you get the CT (Current Clamp) with it? You’ll need that for zero export.
Just connect it to your batteries, ct clamp around meter tails and plug it into a socket. Turn the socket off during the day and it turns off the gtil2.

It should just provide what you’re drawing from the grid up to a max of 1kw (800-900w in the real world). It’s designed to work directly from solar panels so you will need to have a charge controller to charge the battery. Look at the Victron charge controllers with Bluetooth.

Hth and sorry I’m the only person to answer this in 12m

Back