diy solar

diy solar

Inverter Sounding Alarm when fully charged

louanthneedshelp

Please help me. After 13 months, I had to replace my Gel battery fitted in the Mecer Inverter. It was recommended that I take the deep cell battery, we have lots of load shedding. When we in load shedding, I normally turn the power off at the DB, leaving only the lights on. I do turn 2 light switches on. Now, when the power was off for about 30 hours, the battery is still 80% full. The charging seems to be fine. When fully charged, the alarm sounds. I run and drop the isolater at the DB, the alarm continues until I drop the switch on the Inverter. I wait for about 2 minutes, turn all back on, all is good. To make sure that it is an issue, I dropped the isolater last night, waited for the Inverter to show the power available is 80%, then restored power. Same thing happened. The Inverter is connected to the mains. It also has a connection for a solar panel. I am considering to have Solar Panels installed, to go off the grid, as we have lots of sunshine where I live. What could be the reason for the alarm sounding when the battery is fully charged? When I go to have it checked out, I want to have some idea what the problem could be. The deep cycle battery is only 3 months old, the Mecer Inverter is 16 months old. It seems to hold its power very well.

Back