diy solar

diy solar

New, planning to build a shtf backup system for the home.

Thrust

Seeing all the current affairs of the world I feel lead to build a back up system for my home. Something to power the essentials. Refrigerator, deep freezer, furnace for heat "no a/c", lights, alarm and security camera system also washing machine. All 110v .

So far I have looked at
Inverter: Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-48P.
Batteries: 4 SOK 12V 100AH

I like the sok batteries due to they are fully serviceable. No reason for the growatt. A friend recommended it.

my question is am I on the right track and what array and panels should I look for? 😊 thanks.

my question is am I on the right track and what array and panels should I look for? 😊 thanks.
Right track, wrong direction. Start with determining your load requirements. Actual draw from the devices over the desired period of time. Max draw at any moment in time. Then you can say: I need X kW max draw, Y kWh per day, Z kWh storage for the SHTF. With that you can figure out how many panels you need, inverter size, battery size.

Seeing all the current affairs of the world I feel lead to build a back up system for my home. Something to power the essentials. Refrigerator, deep freezer, furnace for heat "no a/c", lights, alarm and security camera system also washing machine. All 110v .

So far I have looked at
Inverter: Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-48P.
Batteries: 4 SOK 12V 100AH

I like the sok batteries due to they are fully serviceable. No reason for the growatt. A friend recommended it.

Not sure what furnace you have but you will want to check the loading. The rest of the items could be powered by the 3kW AIO likely without problems though your battery would not give you much run time (50vDC X 100ah =5000wh with a usable amount about 80% or 4kWh). Not sure of the Growatts PV charging amperage and Voc but that would help you with planning your PV array. Charging amps will tell you at what point you can expect as a peak wattage if the panels can deliver it.

If you are like most folks you will look for the best price on panels and afterwards try to fit them into a working setup. Just remember to pay attention to the specifications of your components. Also be wary of low cost panels wattage claims since there are some out there that are total frauds.

Thanks guys for the prompt response. Back to the drawing board. I will size up all the power from the said devices. I'll be back lol

Back