diy solar

diy solar

Inverter

Sprinklerman

I have a Grand Design 17 MKE. It comes inverter prepped. What is everyones opinion as to using a transfer switch or buying an inverter with one built in. The 30 amp wire is alredy wired into the breaker box and the 40a charge controler. The charge controler has an app so I dont need to install a monitor to be able to monitor my Batteries. Was going to get a 2000 watt inverter, any sugestions to brand or if 2000 is good size. Dont plan on running A/C just coffey maker and outlets.

Not to over complicate the issue: the term "Transfer Switch" is often used when referring to an actual external transfer switch or an inverter, internal relay which is more accurately described as a "Line or input disconnect" In some cases a Transfer Switch or double throw safety switch can be used in a Maintenance Bypass configuration.

Assuming you are asking about a 12V system, the choices for inverters with a built in Relay are minimal. Usually those all-in-one units are 24 or 48V.
Probably should be looking into using an external transfer switch and a simple 2000W Inverter (Inverter/charger) something like an AIMS or Samlex or Xantrex.

Yes I am asking about a 12 volt system. I am going to use a

Progressive Dynamics PD5110010QV 30 Amp Transfer Switch​

I am also looking to get a

Renogy 2000W 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter. There is a vidio on line from manufacture on how to wire it up. Seems pretty straight forward.​

I have a xantrax freedom x1200 that I bought used off ebay. It comes with a transfer switch like you want. With no coffee maker, no AC and no microwave running off that inverter I would tend to lean towards a inverter smaller than 2,000w.

Ours runs small power tools, a fridge and small things at our cabin. We have a remote start generator that powers the transfer switch. So at the flip of a button the full generators power is at our fingertips.

However our xantrax freedom x1200 had failed after 3yrs. AC overload with 30w on it. I like it so much and there very easy to find lightly used that I bought another. Even buying 2 of these used inverters I'm still only at 40% the cost of a new one. These come in alot of RVs

diy solar

diy solar
Back