diy solar

diy solar

Iota DLS converter charger installation question

PictureMeFree

Hello,

I just received an Iota DLS 27-40 to replace two AIMS converter chargers that both failed (apparently known factory defect).

Reading the installation manual, a couple points caught my eye that I’d love some more knowledgeable feedback on:

1) The all caps “do not use extension cords”- I’m assuming that if I use an extension cord rated for 15 amps I’ll be fine? Anything I could be missing here?

2) “to minimize the possibility of arcing at the battery, connect iota power cord to AC BEFORE connecting at the battery.” - Im planning on leaving the charger (semi) permanently connected to the battery. This means everytime I use the charger it will be connected to the battery before AC power. Am I reading too much into this? Surely, considering this is advertised to RV’ers, the unit will work in this configuration, but I was hoping someone here could clarify whether I’m missing something here too.

Thanks in advance!

(I tried to call iota product support but had to leave a VM)

Attachments

• F74B9919-F8DF-432F-97C5-491B014AF379.jpeg
    F74B9919-F8DF-432F-97C5-491B014AF379.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 3

The converter has a 20 amp plug.
If you choose to use an extension cord it will have to be 12 awg or better with a 20 amp connectors.
Suggest you use it on a dedicated circuit with a 20 amp breaker.
There must be multiple versions because mine has a standard 15 amp plug on the AC input side.

Back