diy solar

diy solar

Iota DLS-30 died

seneysolar

Solar Addict
Been sitting in the garage for about a year. Grabbed it to use today and it stalled my Yamaha 2000 generator in eco mode. So switched to full throttle and it took it but was not happy. The charger was buzzing and did not make any attempt at charging. Built in fuse 30A was still good and the 15A ac breaker never tripped.

This is what i found when i opened the cover...

20240414_124250.jpg

O.O........Legendary capacitor plague still exists in this time? Thought it was over for past 10 years?
Can't quite see the capacitor manufacturer. Can you take a better pic of the cap brand?

Oh, it is Lelon. One of the cheapest/worst possible capacitor in the world.
You can find a lot of users complaining about such damage at badcaps.net and diyaudio.com.
Lucikily you can just replace the cap with Nichicon or Rubycon (Panasonic?), assuming if there is no other damage.

This is definitely newer than the capacitor plague but it does have some years on it. Im thinking 2018. Maybe this is just the life of a cheap capacitor?

This is definitely newer than the capacitor plague but it does have some years on it. Im thinking 2018. Maybe this is just the life of a cheap capacitor?
Perhaps. Guess some manufacturer just never change the "stolen" formula. To rectify the electrolyte stability, additional chemical is required, so they rather stick with existing unstable formulation instead just to save cost.

I really hate the Chinese 差不多 mentality when it comes to manufacturing.

Ill peek in one of the new ones to see if they changed cap brands. I have them in stock at work, purchased recently (last 6 months). I have higher hopes for Iota to keep some quality standards, theres alot of these out there with happy users, but yes its china so all bets are off.

Been sitting in the garage for about a year. Grabbed it to use today and it stalled my Yamaha 2000 generator in eco mode. So switched to full throttle and it took it but was not happy. The charger was buzzing and did not make any attempt at charging. Built in fuse 30A was still good and the 15A ac breaker never tripped.

This is what i found when i opened the cover...

View attachment 209331
Awe..it puked

Back