diy solar

diy solar

Is it Possible?

Let me restate my question,
Can I take a inverter (not grid tie) AND connect a solar panel to it in place of the battery? Why would the inverter care what input it has as long as it see's a dc voltage there?

Yes! Will has a video. Everyone in YouTube has a video. But to resolve your issue, just get the MPP LV2424 Hybrid inverter (green one) for $600, slap on two deer feeder batteries for $30 and be done. The LV2424 Hybrid does exactly what you're asking. The tiny battery I suggested is just there as a placeholder to fool it into see something for a battery (it might not even care if there is a battery hooked up, I suspect yes but haven't tried). Here's a pdf link to their brochure
And it has pretty awesome monitoring.

Let me restate my question,
Can I take a inverter (not grid tie) AND connect a solar panel to it in place of the battery? Why would the inverter care what input it has as long as it see's a dc voltage there?

I think the inverter is going to expect a dc voltage within a fairly narrow range.
Check the inverter specs to be sure.
Its also going to expect a current supply that exceeds demand.
The inverter will likely complain if the voltage is out of spec high or low and if the ac draw exceeds the dc supply plus overhead.

Back