diy solar

diy solar

Is my old inverter compatible with LiFePO4 type battery?

averygrey1999

I've an old CPS3500PIE inverter. Here is the specs from the official website. Under the External Battery section, battery type is mentioned as sealed lead-acid. But I would like to know if LiFePO4 battery can be used instead of SLA battery. When I contacted the support, they said it could possibly work if the battery has BMS but they are not very sure either. Thanks in advance.

I've an old CPS3500PIE inverter. Here is the specs from the official website. Under the External Battery section, battery type is mentioned as sealed lead-acid. But I would like to know if LiFePO4 battery can be used instead of SLA battery. When I contacted the support, they said it could possibly work if the battery has BMS but they are not very sure either. Thanks in advance.
so this is all listed with a big IF.

so its a 24 volt inverter, if it gets 24 volts the inverter portion will work period. it simply needs 24 volts (standard 24 volt range so 22-28ish

here are the if's
if it has a very conservative High voltage cut off it might immediately shut off.
if it has a very low battery cut off setting it might go lower than you want on LiFePo4 cells
its charging portion is not going to be ideal for charging the lithium chemistries.
if you try to charge it could damage the batteries. only testing will tell

the downloadable literature is worthless as it does not give specs for anything.

diy solar

diy solar
Back