diy solar

diy solar

Is the midnight ms3548diy the same as the powmr POW-LVM3.5K-48V?

Bobert

Solar Enthusiast
I bought and use the POW-LVM3.5K-48 “made by “ powmr. This is a 3500w 48v all in one solar charger/ inverter. During some research I was doing after installation I discovered that the midnight solar MN3548DIY has a virtually identical users/installation manual. Are they the same unit and if not what is the difference?

It is probably made by SRNE...

It is important to note that even if it looks the same on the outside, internals may be different. OEM's will build with whatever components the customer wants. For example locally sourced FET's or imported. Some go for better quality and some for aggressive pricing...

It is important to note that even if it looks the same on the outside, internals may be different. OEM's will build with whatever components the customer wants. For example locally sourced FET's or imported. Some go for better quality and some for aggressive pricing...
The unit you linked to has different specs and different locations for circuit breaker ect. Renogy’s 3500w 48v all in one is close to the same specs but has different locations for inputs and breaker and has some sort of extra communication stuff.

It's made by SRNE...same Chinese crap just being peddled by a different broker with a different name. It's highly deceptive from a company that built a reputation over 30+ yrs to sell out like this. You think you're getting a quality product from a company you thought was trustworthy only to realize latter after that one year warranty is up you got used. It's a shame midnight decided to do this and I think it's going to cost them more in reputation, which they might not ever get back, than any amount of money they might make. They should have designed their own product at the very least. This was evident in another thread where the guy was saying his diy unit wasn't working with the generator due to frequency issues, the owner Robin replied back trying to help which is awesome...but what he said reveled why this rebranding is dangerous to a reputation. He apologized for not knowing his own product. I'm thinking to myself ...it's not your product. Will pointed this out and I feel the same way he does about how a reputable company that's known for making things here in the USA that last......got in on the harbor freight business way. So, to sum it up..same Chinese box others are selling with a different name on the cover of which you get to pay extra for. Save some money and get the same thing a few hundred cheaper and put a midnight sticker on it.

Are those srne any good. I saw a used one for 400 local

It's made by SRNE...same Chinese crap just being peddled by a different broker with a different name. It's highly deceptive from a company that built a reputation over 30+ yrs to sell out like this. You think you're getting a quality product from a company you thought was trustworthy only to realize latter after that one year warranty is up you got used. It's a shame midnight decided to do this and I think it's going to cost them more in reputation, which they might not ever get back, than any amount of money they might make. They should have designed their own product at the very least. This was evident in another thread where the guy was saying his diy unit wasn't working with the generator due to frequency issues, the owner Robin replied back trying to help which is awesome...but what he said reveled why this rebranding is dangerous to a reputation. He apologized for not knowing his own product. I'm thinking to myself ...it's not your product. Will pointed this out and I feel the same way he does about how a reputable company that's known for making things here in the USA that last......got in on the harbor freight business way. So, to sum it up..same Chinese box others are selling with a different name on the cover of which you get to pay extra for. Save some money and get the same thing a few hundred cheaper and put a midnight sticker on it.
The SRNE has a different layout than the POWMR and Midnight Solar. The case is physically different. I’m not at all confident that they are the same and cannot with certainty prove that the POWMR and midnight are the same just that the specifications, layout of the case, and instruction manuals are identical.

The SRNE has a different layout than the POWMR and Midnight Solar. The case is physically different. I’m not at all confident that they are the same and cannot with certainty prove that the POWMR and midnight are the same just that the specifications, layout of the case, and instruction manuals are identical.
The layout and case is the exact same, look at will's post on this. And, there's another user here that had both and opened them up and they are the same unit which is why the user manual lines up; midnight has said they cleaned up the original manual.

Are those srne any good. I saw a used one for 400 local
They are not known for quality from what I've been reading, it's what you get with most Chinese junk....it's a dice roll. I was so excited when I found the midnight AIO as I wanted a AIO to make it easier and I'm used to midnight being "made in the USA" tough. Was really let down with it made in China..but was highly disappointed when I found out it was just a rebranded cheap inverter. If I buy a honda I don't expect my dealer to sell me a kia. If I was ok with that type of business model I'd go to harbor freight ..which by the way you can get extended warranty. I'm really actually surprised harbor freight has not started doing this same thing on these Chinese inverters. I'd rather buy one from them so I can spend a extra 30 dollars and get a extended warranty. And 400 used is expensive ..look at alliexpress they have new ones for that or cheaper.

The layout and case is the exact same, look at will's post on this. And, there's another user here that had both and opened them up and they are the same unit which is why the user manual lines up; midnight has said they cleaned up the original manual.
Where do i find Will’s post?

Where do i find Will’s post?
Do a forum search for that the midnight model number and you find several threads ..he's in one. Or, tag him in this post and ask. FYI ..midnight is suppose to come out with a 10k model with split phase this year. I hope they've changed but I'm highly doubtful. A big red flag is a one year warranty...that says we don't have confidence in what we're selling you. FYI...I found a victron aio unit and victron is known for tier 1 quality but who knows maybe they are doing the same thing now.

Last edited:
They are not known for quality from what I've been reading, it's what you get with most Chinese junk....it's a dice roll. I was so excited when I found the midnight AIO as I wanted a AIO to make it easier and I'm used to midnight being "made in the USA" tough. Was really let down with it made in China..but was highly disappointed when I found out it was just a rebranded cheap inverter. If I buy a honda I don't expect my dealer to sell me a kia. If I was ok with that type of business model I'd go to harbor freight ..which by the way you can get extended warranty. I'm really actually surprised harbor freight has not started doing this same thing on these Chinese inverters. I'd rather buy one from them so I can spend a extra 30 dollars and get a extended warranty. And 400 used is expensive ..look at alliexpress they have new ones for that or cheaper.
Harbor freight does have the extended warranty on the inverters
They just started selling pure sinewave units too.
I have one of their 2000w modified sine wave inverters and it works better than a pure sine wave inverter I bought called a osp tiger claw 1500w. It seems pretty clean for a modified.

Harbor freight does have the extended warranty on the inverters
They just started selling pure sinewave units too.
I have one of their 2000w modified sine wave inverters and it works better than a pure sine wave inverter I bought called a osp tiger claw 1500w. It seems pretty clean for a modified.
It's just a matter of time for they start rebranding a AIO and selling the exact same units at half the price with a longer and extendable warranty.

Do a forum search for that the midnight model number and you find several threads ..he's in one. Or, tag him in this post and ask. FYI ..midnight is suppose to come out with a 10k model with split phase this year. I hope they've changed but I'm highly doubtful. A big red flag is a one year warranty...that says we don't have confidence in what we're selling you.
I don’t find any such post for the

ms3548diy​

However I do remember reading something about the 24 volt version but I didn’t pay much attention to it as it wasn’t like the one I use.

It's just a matter of time for they start rebranding a AIO and selling the exact same units at half the price with a longer and extendable warranty.
That would be nice but I'm not sure they would because their only real panels have sae bullet connections. But who knows.
I dont like ordering online or from places that I have shipping. I'm old school. I like to walk in and buy stuff. I'll pay extra to give a American resaler $for a Chinesium product if they support it like santan solar does

That would be nice but I'm not sure they would because their only real panels have sae bullet connections. But who knows.
I dont like ordering online or from places that I have shipping. I'm old school. I like to walk in and buy stuff. I'll pay extra to give a American resaler $for a Chinesium product if they support it like santan solar does
I'm thinking of getting my panels from santan...they seem to have some good deals.

I'm thinking of getting my panels from santan...they seem to have some good deals.
If you don't mind used panels and sealing up the cracked back vinyl they are hard to beat for $44 no tax for a 240w 60 cell trina panel. If it will be permitted install you can't use those. They have snail trail panels too but I don't think they are worth it. My panels work great

I don’t find any such post for the

ms3548diy​

However I do remember reading something about the 24 volt version but I didn’t pay much attention to it as it wasn’t like the one I use.

Back