diy solar

diy solar

Powmr 5.6kw x 2 and GobelPower 14kwh battery x 2 rs485 connection problem.

Egg399

Hi all, not sure where to post this one so I thought I’d throw it in the beginner section as it’s my first post.

I have the following setup:

OFFGRID SYSTEM
2 x Powmr POW-HP5.6KW in parallel (with Wi-Fi dongles)
2 x 14kwh 48v 280ah GobelPower rack battery in parallel (GP-SR1-PC200) 1 pack self assembled the other bought assembled (basic batter)
Victron 1000A busbar 48v (Lynx Distributor)
6kw solar in 2 strings.

It’s all connected to my consumer unit via a ATS so can run my house off-grid or on-grid.

I have a problem when it comes to battery to inverter RS485 connection & communication.

I have the RS485 cables (rj45) provided by gobel and have connected the batteries together using the RS485B port from bat 1 to RS485 port B on bat 2.
I’ve plugged another RJ45 cable from RS485A port to inverter RS485 port 2. RS485 Port 1 has Wi-Fi dongle plugged in on both inverters.

Inverters are running in parallel and I have set the BMS protocol to PAC setting 33 and setting 32 to BMS. I have the error 58 (No BMS communication).

I have connected to the batteries with the rs232 cable usb from pc and then I run the Pbms tools app on windows I can talk to one battery at a time on Com3 and then com4.

I’ve tried ipower.exe app and a usb rs485 dongle to rj45 cable ( home brew) but I cannot get that to talk to the inverters. Inverters have ID1 and id2.

I guess I have 3 issues:-

1, How to I get the inverters to talk to the batteries.
2, How do I get the Pbms tools app to read the data from both batters simultaneously
3, How do I get ipower.exe to read the inverter data/settings?

Has anyone else been mad enough to try this combination of inverter & battery and got it all communicating?

Thanks in advance

PS once I get this all working my next project is to get a pi reading all the data and then controlling loads via smart life app or home assistant (or something like that) .e.g. turning on water heater with excess solar when battery is full. But one problem at a time.

Attachments

• Uer_Manual_POWMR.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 4
  • GP-SR1-PC200-Owner-Manual-V1.3-En.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Here are the manuals for my setup. I’ve moved them to my original post but can’t delete this post.

Last edited:
I’ve got the inverter talking to the battery pack.
Inverter connects to rs485A port. B&c ports are just for inter battery connections.

Does anyone know if you can use 1wifi dongle to monitor parallel SRNE inverters?

Back