diy solar

diy solar

BMS pin out connecting Eitai Elleshell 10.2k battery to Bluesun Hybrid inverter BSE-6KL1

Wayne_R

Does anyone know the pin out for connecting the BMS on an Eitai Elleshell 10.2k battery (Com1 port) to a Bluesun Hybrid inverter BSE-6KL1 (BMS port).

The Eitai manual shows the following
Pin1 RS485-B, Pin2 RS485-A, Pin3 NC(empty), Pin4 CAN-H, Pin5 CAN-L, Pin6 NC(empty), Pin7 NC(empty), Pin8 NC(empty)
The CAN communication terminal (RJ45 port) follows the CAN/RS485 protocol and connects to the inverter BMS for communication.

The Bluesun manual shows the following
Communication interface between inverter and battery is RS485 or CAN with a RJ45 connector. 568B standard.
CAN definition: Pin4 BMS_CANH, Pin5 BMS_CANL, all other pins are x.
Rs485 definition: Pin6 GND, Pin7 BMS_485A, Pin8 BMS_485B, all other pins are x.

I have made and tried numerous cables, but with no luck so far.
Has anyone achieved this connection, or are there any suggestions from someone experienced at connecting BMS to inverters ?

Thanks

Connect CAN high to CAN high, low to low, and ground to ground.
Or RS485 a to a b to b, and ground to ground.

Having a common ground reference is important to either communication protocol. But your batter doesn't list ground in its pin out.

I've never used that inverter or BMS, so just general knowledge that you probably already tried.
Are there set up options in the inverter to select that battery?
Do they even have compatible communication?

Yes, I have tried those wirings. I tried again, making sure I had earth connected but I still get a BMS Comms Fail.
On The inverter I can set the battery type (lithium) and the BMS Comms protocol to either CAN or Rs485. I have tried both protocols.
according to the battery supplier they can communicate. I have been waiting for a cable to allow communication.

Okay, I got the Eitai battery talking to the Bluesun (Megarevo)
Here is what I did in case others hit the same problem.

1. downloaded Pbmstools and in my case a usb driver to allow connection to the COM2 port on the Eitai. Obviously you need the right cable, but that came with the Eitai in my case.
2. Using pBmstools I changed the Can protocol on the Eitai battery from Growwatt_Can to Pylon_Can
3. made up the following cable.

Battery. Inverter
Pin 1. 8.
Pin. 2. 7.
Pin. 4. 4.
Pin 5. 5.
Pin. 6. 6.

I was testing both CAN and RS485, so you probably only need pins 4,5,6 connected for CAN to work.

Connect CAN high to CAN high, low to low, and ground to ground.
Or RS485 a to a b to b, and ground to ground.

Having a common ground reference is important to either communication protocol. But your batter doesn't list ground in its pin out.

I've never used that inverter or BMS, so just general knowledge that you probably already tried.
Are there set up options in the inverter to select that battery?
Do they even have compatible communication?
No. CAN is differential, so ground is not necessary, or even used.

Okay, I got the Eitai battery talking to the Bluesun (Megarevo)
Here is what I did in case others hit the same problem.

1. downloaded Pbmstools and in my case a usb driver to allow connection to the COM2 port on the Eitai. Obviously you need the right cable, but that came with the Eitai in my case.
2. Using pBmstools I changed the Can protocol on the Eitai battery from Growwatt_Can to Pylon_Can
3. made up the following cable.

Battery. Inverter
Pin 1. 8.
Pin. 2. 7.
Pin. 4. 4.
Pin 5. 5.
Pin. 6. 6.

I was testing both CAN and RS485, so you probably only need pins 4,5,6 connected for CAN to work.
I am trying to do the same as you did but i had no luck connecting pbmstools to the Etai battery!
I tried all pin connections and nothing worked.
The best i got was "Monitoring Failed" instead of "Time out" when I connected pin 1 and 2 to RS485 B and RS485 A of my converter
Can you show me the cable you used to connect as my battery didnt come with any
Thanks

Back