diy solar

diy solar

Is this big panel any good for mounting on a minivan roof rack?

McCarthy

Solar Enthusiast
I started a thread in the vehicle section but it gets no replies, so here just one topic at a time.

Is this large 385 watt panel any good for mounting on a minivan roof rack? I don 't think I have enough room for 4 x 100 watt panels and I don't want them to go all the way to the edges of the roof. Trying to keep this build stealthy.

Are large panels more prone to break when mounted on a vehicle? It's 78 × 39 × 1.6 in Anybody used this brand yet?

1604642736621.png

I started a thread in the vehicle section but it gets no replies, so here just one topic at a time.

(1) Is this large 385 watt panel any good for mounting on a minivan roof rack? I don 't think I have enough room for 4 x 100 watt panels and I don't want them to go all the way to the edges of the roof. Trying to keep this build stealthy.

(2) Are large panels more prone to break when mounted on a vehicle? (3) It's 78 × 39 × 1.6 in Anybody used this brand yet?

(1) If it fits.
(2) Not if properly mounted.
(3) Not me.

I have panels almost that big on the top of my trailer and also two of the same panels that I deploy on the ground. While I haven't had them long, they seem quite strong. I would have no problem putting them on a minivan.

Mine are 320w from Mission Solar. As I recall, mine have a higher wind factor than most that I looked at.

Back