diy solar

diy solar

ISDT Air8 won't charge over .1 amps?

Rapidrob

My 6 month old ISDT Air8 will no longer charge my 39120S batteries over .1 that is point one amps?( 12 volt pack ) I have the charger set to 1 amp charge to give the cells a longer life and now it will not charge over .1 amps.
Every thing is hooked up correctly and I ran the battery pack for 5 hours today and my load indicated the battery was low and it was at 11.80 VDC.
The Air8 started at 1 amp and then dropped down in a couple of seconds to to .1 and has stayed there.
Moving the setting on the charger to a higher amp load does not help. The charger is showing a 13 hour charge time.
Please help.

Not familiar with that specific charger, but have lots of familiarity with similar units.

Those are DC 10V-34V input, and I believe you can set your input voltage to a cut-off, i.e., don't discharge the source below X volts.

If you are right at the limit, it tapers it to a trickle. check that your input voltage limit is set low enough to permit the unit to draw what it needs.

1702343199526.png

The BMS is bad...again. I removed it from the battery pack and now the charger is working again.
4S 30 Amp Lifepo4 Common Port with balance type BMS.
My "load" was my 22 amp draw radio. The BMS's (2 ) have been working but have failed twice now.

I just found one of the pins in the BMS wiring harness plug was pushed back, barely making contact with the harness wire. I'm hoping that is the problem.

The battery pack is charging nicely....perhaps for the first time for a 100% charge because of the displaced pin ( by the factory ).
The battery is 26,400 mAh total......13,200 per four cell pack in parallel ( each charged separably )
On the Air8 it shows the % of charge as swell as total mAh charged to.
Is 13,200 mAh a realistic number to be charged to or will the charger charge to a predetermined cut off point at a lower rating?

The battery pack is charging nicely....perhaps for the first time for a 100% charge because of the displaced pin ( by the factory ).
The battery is 26,400 mAh total......13,200 per four cell pack in parallel ( each charged separably )
On the Air8 it shows the % of charge as swell as total mAh charged to.
Is 13,200 mAh a realistic number to be charged to or will the charger charge to a predetermined cut off point at a lower rating?

This is the normal behavior. I would have assumed you already went through the necessary settings to ensure that you are charging your specific battery correctly.

Back