diy solar

diy solar

Jacckery 1000 and 24volt panel

Dwd902

Quick question. If I have the jackery 1000 and purchase a 24 volt 200 watt solar panel will it work? Curious because I know the max it will charge is 30 volts and I believe 24 volt panels are like 31 or 32 volts. Thank you.

Quick question. If I have the jackery 1000 and purchase a 24 volt 200 watt solar panel will it work? Curious because I know the max it will charge is 30 volts and I believe 24 volt panels are like 31 or 32 volts. Thank you.
Yeah, I asked Will Prowse and Hobotech to test going over 30 volts input but did not get an answer on
their Jackery 1000 Youtube video's.
Would it cut off at over 30 volts or blow it up or?
SOC voltage on 24 volt panels may be over 32 volts?

There are an increasing number of questions like this about brand name power stations on the forum. Its a valid question and while there are a ton of smart people here, it is probably best for you contact customer service directly--this is after all one of the things the price premium of these products goes towards. They are best positioned to answer you regarding the specific tolerances of their products, I would follow their advice. Its a bit harder to give general advice for prebuilt power stations than for individual components without knowing the specifics of the power station.

I would also consult the manual and the spec sheet. If you find an answer in the manual but need help interpreting it, I'm sure people here could help you.

Actually if you post the manual and the spec sheet here, I bet we can find an answer

There are an increasing number of questions like this about brand name power stations on the forum. Its a valid question and while there are a ton of smart people here, it is probably best for you contact customer service directly--this is after all one of the things the price premium of these products goes towards. They are best positioned to answer you regarding the specific tolerances of their products, I would follow their advice. Its a bit harder to give general advice for prebuilt power stations than for individual components without knowing the specifics of the power station.

I would also consult the manual and the spec sheet. If you find an answer in the manual but need help interpreting it, I'm sure people here could help you.

Actually if you post the manual and the spec sheet here, I bet we can find an answer
I dont have the manual. Was thinking of getting it because I have an extra panel and was curious. I already live off grid and this would be super helpful.

I dont have the manual. Was thinking of getting it because I have an extra panel and was curious. I already live off grid and this would be super helpful.

By manual I meant the product manual, it will be available online somewhere, hold on, lemme see if I can find it for ya.

You gotta be kidding as their manual is very basic.
Jackery reps on their own videos don't know that the 12 volt cig plug outlet is regulated.
I was hoping that @Will Prowse would pump in over 30 volts to test it out. :p
Come on Will, you cut open $950 Battle Born batteries and the Jackery was free plus you don't
recommend it so what do you have to lose?
After your bad review on the Jackery 1000 they won't be sending you anymore. lol

Charging Input (DC, 8mm) 12V-30V (200W Max)

Last edited:
Well shit.. I found it but its dissapointingly skimpy and has almost no information on solar charging. I assume they expect everyone to buy there solar panel which would be compatible.

I would contact the company directly and get more info on solar, when you do, post what you learn here.

Even at the introductory $800 discounted price the 1000 is not such a good deal as it is a slow charger on AC or solar.
Sold out right now anyway.
This post should be in Solar Generator and Micro Systems and Jacckery misspelled in the title.

Back