diy solar

diy solar

Jakiper ( and SOK ?) 48v batteries with Pace bms will balance when not charging

Lardino

I have my Jakiper JK48v100 ( non pro model) on the bench and tested out the Pace bms for balancing. Andy from Off Grid Garage also recently made a video about this bms. At first I thought it only balances when charging which seemed kind useless for unbalanced cells since the passive bypass is only 70 ma or so and can't keep up with a real charge. But when a cell gets too high and overvolt protection kicks in - it shuts off the charging , but then the battery will keep balancing. I ran it that way five times so far and let it sit for hours while it tried to balance. Not very quick or maybe not so effective. I made a video showing this.

in the SOKs we load different parameters that take care of this problem.

I don't have them at this exact moment, but the key is to set the OVP release above the balancing threshold. I always recommend contacting the manufacturer before changing any settings, as it will likely void your warranty if you change them on your own.

I don't have them at this exact moment, but the key is to set the OVP release above the balancing threshold. I always recommend contacting the manufacturer before changing any settings, as it will likely void your warranty if you change them on your own.
Okay thanks

Back