diy solar

diy solar

JBD BMS communication to LV6548 via Can/RS485 possible?

Gurusi

Hey, I wondered if anyone can confirm if its possible to connect my JBD BMS (JBD-AP21S002) to my LV6548 via can or RS485 to communicate info? I found quiet a few posts looking at the subject and followed a few links as well as a MPP pdf stating communication protocol.

So far ive made a custom rj45 connector and two pin jst plug to my bms. Ive tried PIN 3 RS485N and PIN 5 RS485P in combination with battery type pylon, lib and lic to no avail (fault 61).

On some posts it notes to have a ground connected to pin 8; however my rs485 header has no ground (unless going via the bluetooth dongle header).

I also found this:-

But the combos are endless!

I also found this paid option:-

but if i can avoid the purchase with a simple cable that would be great!

Thanks yes, that is the $140 option linked in my orig post. Do you know if this the only workable option? Or will a custom cable work as well?

Unfortunately for me I have to replace 10 of the jbd's with the jk's for this reason...I'm just considering it a serious upgrade at this price point but it will give me peace of mind and the communication and active balance is true value add.

Unfortunately for me I have to replace 10 of the jbd's with the jk's for this reason...I'm just considering it a serious upgrade at this price point but it will give me peace of mind and the communication and active balance is true value add.
I ended up holding off. I built my own esp32 unit that allows Bluetooth through to home assistant (allowing monitoring away from home). But no options for control or direct communication.

There was a jBD option that was open source, but it closed down for the Peter Board (see off grid garage utube channel). There are paid jBD and jk options, but I couldn’t bring myself to pay that kind of cash when i know the board costs $2-3 (not to undervalue the coding element of course).

So for now I’m good with the basic bulk/float system. I’m sure future BMS’s will integrate something like the Peter Board system and will likely be more cost effective all in one…

Back