diy solar

diy solar

SRNE inverter with DALY BMS using CAN communication, without inverter communication board

pH03N1xM

Welcome!

Since i got the last firmware from SRNE for my HF2430S80-H (6.68), i noticed the CAN support is there for the BMS.

First i upgraded my DALY BMS (firmware: 11_221213_INVT - beware, there are a a lot of different hw versions, this one is for ST103-309E) - this firmware have working CAN support with various inverter protocols.

I wired it together: on DALY BMS there is a mixed port with RS485/CAN support (when the BMS support CAN by hardware) and on the inverter there is a dedicated 2 pin connector for the CAN.

I enabled the CAN support in the inverter (32 - CAN), after i noticed that it support only two protocols in CAN mode: UZE and WST in option 33.

I started to play with the DALY BMS setting (it is working only in the pc master software, at the engineering model page) the protocol mode for a suitable one, sadly UZE (UZ Energy) and WST (WS Technicals) is not there. But with Pylontech the error 58 gone from the inverter, and the flashing LI symbol changed to permanent lit. Sadly shortly after error 59 appeard. (BMS alarm)
But the communication is fine: the inverter showing the real battery level from the BMS and the other values are fine too. But it seems i can't charge the battery due error 59.

I just digged into the CAN protocols, and noticed that the UZ energy is same as the Pylontech just the byte 5/6 is different in CAN 0x359: in pylontech it is P and N and in UZ it is U and Z (I guess that cause the error 59.). The rest of the protocol is same.

So with correct protocol support (i do not know why are just 2 very non-common CAN protocols are supported by the SRNE, because in RS485 there are a lot of supported protocols) it should work fine without the addition board.

I hope the next SRNE firmware support more CAN protocols.

Back