diy solar

diy solar

Daly Smart Bms Deye inverter CAN communication

signo82

Hi all,
I assembled my new system with Deye hybrid inverter SUN-5K-SG03LP1-EU.
I build a 48V battery with 16S EVE LF280K and Daly 200A smart bms fanless.

Daly BMS has WNT board so I can connect it with the inverter throught CAN port, but it doen't work.
I connect wnt board and inverter with standard ethernet cable.
From PCmaster
I set Pylon and CAN communication and then click Select
Restart bms from Pcmaster interface
Click on read button in pcmaster under inverter configuation

On Deye I select lithium and lithium mode 00.

But on inverter I can't read any information. SOC and everything is 0.

I chat with Deye and Daly support, but still not working.
Any idea?
Thank you for any information.

Attachments

• 2023-01-16 12_16_26-【B】储能三相说明书SUN-8-12K-SG01LP3-Ver2.0-Deye.png
    2023-01-16 12_16_26-【B】储能三相说明书SUN-8-12K-SG01LP3-Ver2.0-Deye.png
    263.4 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Hi,
thank you for your answer, so I search more deeply.
From this I get Daly WNT board can interface pinout

From the manual page 47 appendix I, I get Deye inverter can port pinout

So I made a custom RJ45 cable with connection:
INVERTER - DALY INTERFACE
orange - green/white
blue - blue/white
blue/white - blu

Then follow the steps as attached pdf.

Still not working.
Reading somewhere it could be also a baudrate problem, but I can't set on bms and on inverter too.
Any other idea?
Thank you.

Attachments

• Operation steps of BMS Commnicated with Inverter20221025.pdf
    796.1 KB · Views: 309
Hi,
thank you for your answer, so I search more deeply.
From this I get Daly WNT board can interface pinout

From the manual page 47 appendix I, I get Deye inverter can port pinout

So I made a custom RJ45 cable with connection:
INVERTER - DALY INTERFACE
orange - green/white
blue - blue/white
blue/white - blu

Then follow the steps as attached pdf.

Still not working.
Reading somewhere it could be also a baudrate problem, but I can't set on bms and on inverter too.
Any other idea?
Thank you.
Hi,
@

signo82

did u contact DEYE support?
What Daly BMS TYPE u are using ?
a) Daly has 2 different Port protocolls!! depending on the Daly BMS type. The reason being that some DALYs do not have enough power to correctly pull down the RX pin and thus communication simply fails. Since the different DALYs use widely different chips and configurations.
b) 485 baudrate communication : 9600/kbs or 115200/kbs.
Some links :

perhaps we get the answers ,

Attachments

• Part 3_ Daly CAN Protocol.pdf
    329.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Part 4_ Daly RS485+UART Protocol.pdf
    269.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Connect DEYE and DALY BMS

The JKBMS should work with ESP32 to Pylontech Can Bus 1.5
There seems to be a successful translator with ESPhome.
Jkbms -TTL-> esp32 with canbus --> pylontech 1.5 can protocol

Then rewrite the https://github.com/Uksa007/esphome-jk-bms-can
to connect to the DEYE ?

-The DALY CAN BUS could connect 2 DALY BMS to one USB Intrface (picture) , did u tried this to see the signals are shown on the computer with the daly software ?)

- The BMS from SEPLOS MASON-135 51.2V 135AH LIFEPO4 BATTERY PACK has an Interface to the Deye (page 13)

Ths looks interessting :
- https://www.akkudoktor.net/forum/pa...-installiert-erfahrungen/paged/28/#post-93032

I didnt see any solution also in other forums.

If some one has any other ideas , please reply , rgs

Attachments

• Adc0aed24033840218caa597b066c2a140.jpg
    Adc0aed24033840218caa597b066c2a140.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Hi all,

Daly BMS has WNT board so I can connect it with the inverter throught CAN port, but it doen't work.
From PCmaster

Any idea?
are you still having this problem? I have the same issue. Maybe you have a solution to the problem?

Hi all,

From PCmaster

Any idea?
hi.

had similar situation two days ago. and not even daly rep assistant could tell why Daly not communicating with deye through either CAN or rs485 port.
untill I interchanged can high and can low. (cross wired) it immediately communicated and could read all data.

all this was directly from daly CAN/rs485 port without any other accessories. But had ordered BMS with that requirement through Kevin Zhang on Alibaba

Attachments

• IMG-20230416-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230416-WA0000.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG-20230416-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230416-WA0001.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 171
Hi,
thank you very much for information.
I still have the issue, but now I can understand there is a way to get it working.
first I'm using WNT board. They told me to buy it with the bms so I can connect to the inverter:
WNT board has can port and rs485 port on RJ45 plug, but this doesn't work,
I see you get a cable to connect directly from Bms can port. Does it have the RJ45 on other side?
I can't understand why they told me to buy WNT board if then it doesn't work or not necessary.
So I will ask kevin to ship me that cable.
Thank you.

Hi,
I still have the issue, but now I can understand there is a way to get it working.
first I'm using WNT board. They told me to buy it with the bms so I can connect to the inverter:
I see you get a cable to connect directly from Bms can port. Does it have the RJ45 on other side?
I can't understand why they told me to buy WNT board if then it doesn't work or not necessary.
Thank you.

I used Daly cable to connect to RJ45 port(extracted from wall port) wired to match Deye pinout and used normally internet CAT 6 cable.

hi.

had similar situation two days ago. and not even daly rep assistant could tell why Daly not communicating with deye through either CAN or rs485 port.
untill I interchanged can high and can low. (cross wired) it immediately communicated and could read all data.

all this was directly from daly CAN/rs485 port without any other accessories. But had ordered BMS with that requirement through Kevin Zhang on Alibaba
I have this same problem and I would like to know how you configured the wiring and if you can upload photos of the connection I will appreciate it.

Hi,
Thank you.
Are you using the latest desktop version? If so, you can select DEYE +CAN under Engineering. If you have CAN/RS485 port on your BMS you can try to use it directly., but you need the correct plug. The WNT board is preliminary to handle multiple battery packs (as far I understand), the advantage in my opinion, easier to handle than the flimsy connectors on the BMS. Make sure the communication method on the inverter is set to 00 .

Last edited:
Hi,
I will try one of these days.
I have the can cable to be connected to the bms directly. I will make the other side with RJ45.
I keep you updated.
I will also ask to Daly why WNT board CAN port is not working.
Thank you.

Attachments

• candaly.jpg
    candaly.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 78
Hello gents, did anyone manage to let the Daly bms communicate with Deye inverter using the WNT board.

Thank you.

Hello gents, did anyone manage to let the Daly bms communicate with Deye inverter using the WNT board.

Thank you.
I have two battery pack, two WNT board. The boards are connected by the RS485, board #1 to Deye CAN. Under engineering settings I set DEYE+CAN. (OK my BMS is called HI BMS, but all the manuals and instructions from DALY, don't ask, I thought it is a different brand).
It is important to get all the relevant settings inline on both BMS. The data what the WNT board shares with the inverter is an average (I mean the SOC). Voltage supposedly equal. I'm not diving into the "custom cabling", it has been discussed earlier.

20230424_190904.jpg

Data on the DEYE screen is very brief, first screen shows what is the reading in the inverter, the second screen (when you hit the bottom right tab shows the data from the BMS. They are pretty close, but obviously slightly off, depending on actual current flow.

I have two battery pack, two WNT board. The boards are connected by the RS485, board #1 to Deye CAN. Under engineering settings I set DEYE+CAN. (OK my BMS is called HI BMS, but all the manuals and instructions from DALY, don't ask, I thought it is a different brand).
It is important to get all the relevant settings inline on both BMS. The data what the WNT board shares with the inverter is an average (I mean the SOC). Voltage supposedly equal. I'm not diving into the "custom cabling", it has been discussed earlier.

View attachment 148322

Data on the DEYE screen is very brief, first screen shows what is the reading in the inverter, the second screen (when you hit the bottom right tab shows the data from the BMS. They are pretty close, but obviously slightly off, depending on actual current flow.
Thanks for the feedback, but in my case the deye cannot ready my Daly BMS. I tried to cross pin 4 and pin 5 between deye and Daly but no luck.

I have 2 WNT and I can't make the communication even for a singl one.

I manage to make the Deye inverter communicate with Daly BMS WNT board using RS485 protocol but i have now the below issues:
1- the current showing on Deye BMS page is not correct 104amp compared to the actual 12.6amp on the Daly BMS. which is causing the inverter not to charge the battery the next day, when the battery did discharge during the night.
2- I can only see 1 BMS on the Deye page, and not both BMS that are connected.
3- I cannot set the board number from DalyBmsMonitor tool v2.1.9 maybe this is causing the second issue above.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-05-10 at 11.29.56 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-10 at 11.29.56 (1).jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 68
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-10 at 11.29.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-10 at 11.29.56.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 60
I Haven't tried RS485 yet, but when I had that screen (with two tabs on the right hand side) I noticed the connection is partially established (if that make sense). You might need to fiddle around and double check the settings, especially board ID on the Daly desktop app. Also what channel you use to connect the two WNT? I read somewhere, you need to use different than you using for the inverter comm.
20230511_054935.jpg
This is when my CAN is active. This data is from the inverter end, then the next screen when you tap to the corner:
20230511_054943.jpg

It shows the code for the communication method, and the data from the BMS. This is suppose to be a summary, average SOC and total A.

Here is the field where you could set the board numbers. They needs to be aligned with the dip switch settings on the WNT board
DalyBmsMonitor219.JPG

Last edited:
I manage to make the Deye inverter communicate with Daly BMS WNT board using RS485 protocol but i have now the below issues:
1- the current showing on Deye BMS page is not correct 104amp compared to the actual 12.6amp on the Daly BMS. which is causing the inverter not to charge the battery the next day, when the battery did discharge during the night.
2- I can only see 1 BMS on the Deye page, and not both BMS that are connected.
3- I cannot set the board number from DalyBmsMonitor tool v2.1.9 maybe this is causing the second issue above.
Hi, can you please write a more detailed guide on how you set up the communication between BMS Daly and Deye? What cable? What do you have the LIFEPO4 mode set in the converter?

To allow Deye 5kw to communicate with Daly bms using protocol rs485 I did the below few steps:
1- On the deye inverter I set lithium mode to 12.
2- Using DalyBmsMonitor, under engineering model inverter set to Deye, protocol= RS485.
3- I used a straight RJ45 cable to connect my Daly WNT board, rs485 port to my Deye BMS rs485 port.

hi.

Hi, I also have a Daly BMS, same problem. I will try your advice about swapping contacts.

- did you then set something in the BMS Monitor (Engineering model - Inverter manager, Com type)? When I set something there, I save it, then the next time I log in it is not saved there.

- or just a BMS reset?

- what settings do you have in the Deye lithium mode battery changer? 01?

Back