diy solar

diy solar

JK PB2A16S-20P No Communication

Disturbedfuel15

Hello,

I'm at my whit's end with these BMSes, trying to get any of the five I purchased to communicate with my PC :) I really need help.

I purchased five of the JK PB2A16S-20P BMSes from the AliExpress Hankzor store. Here is the link. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805875302235.html The purchase was made October 8, 2023, so the ones I have are very early batches, around when Andy from off-grid-garage got his and had all the trouble. I'm just now getting to configuring them. For what it's worth, I've watched all of his videos regarding this BMS and all I can glean from how he fixed it is they sent him new BMSes. I have the same model + version as he shows in his video (
).

In his video, he IS able to at least get the BMS communicating with the PC, I believe. I have enumerated his steps to a 'T' but I am unable to get any kind of communication with my PC. I am using this USB -> RS485 converter: https://www.waveshare.com/usb-to-rs485.htm. I've tried every RJ45 plug on the control board. I've tried setting the jumpers every way I can think of, although I understand setting them to ON OFF OFF OFF means the device ID is 1. I can connect to the BMSes via bluetooth, and I can set the communication protocol that way. I can also confirm that the device ID is 1 when I have the dip switches set as such.

I wanted to try to update the firmware to the latest, to see if it fixes the known issues with them. However, you can only do that via PC, and I have no communication there. I've verified COM6 is the correct port in device manager. I set the JK BMS Monitor 2.7.0 to device ID 1 and port name COM6, and nothing. The only time I get any kind of communication back is when I connect the RJ45 end to the port shown in the following screenshot:
1708118917226.png
The communication is constant (solid red Rx) and the software shows 15 devices disconnected on a 'parallel' tab that pops up. It is useless information, it seems. However, it is the only communication I have gotten.

If someone can help me figure out what to do, I'd appreciate it. Since I purchased these from the official Hankzor store, I'm hoping I can get some official help and I'm not out $1350. Are there any representatives from JK on this forum? I will email the Hankzor store as well.

~Thanks

Update:

Now that I've publicly posted this, I got it working. All is not for naught, however! Hopefully this helps people in the future.

I used the very far left RJ45 connection (which I'm told is actually RS485-1):
1708123081886.png
and...
I had my RS485 wires messed up for this BMS' protocol. I googled 'pace BMS pinout' and voila:
1708123187421.png
I now have comms and I'm very hopeful I can update firmware. My wife thought something was wrong as I let out a sigh of relief!

Hello guys I have tried to connect to the CAN port of the jkbms but not sure which pin to use in the jk doc they are talking about pin 12 and 13 but rj45 is only 8 and I saw several time people saying the CAN is not at the right place in the JK doc. Someone able to help me to find corrct pin and port for CANH and CANL do not have oscilloscope. Many thanks.

Thanks this waht i did but not working that why a raise the point, in paralle i have sent a message to JK support let you know if i got an answer.

Update:

Now that I've publicly posted this, I got it working. All is not for naught, however! Hopefully this helps people in the future.

I used the very far left RJ45 connection (which I'm told is actually RS485-1):
View attachment 196075
and...
I had my RS485 wires messed up for this BMS' protocol. I googled 'pace BMS pinout' and voila:
View attachment 196076
I now have comms and I'm very hopeful I can update firmware. My wife thought something was wrong as I let out a sigh of relief!
I got this problem too, hardware version 15.X.

Your pics helped me a lot. To those with problems, you have to flash using the first port; the second one is CAN and those two last ports are BMS parallel communication ports.

sorry this is ture interface

Attachments

• 微信图片_20231218091144.jpg
    微信图片_20231218091144.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 22
Im having similar problem with 1Master and 6 Slaves.
All i can have is comm read only with MASTER with no option (it says parallel and all are greyed out) any Device 1 2 3 or else are shown as disconnected.

1710106153457.png

When a manual talks about pin numbers above "8" and where two RJ45 connection ports are side by side the pins of the second (connector to the right) are often referred to as pins 9 thru 16.

For many BMS's with an RS232 port, the CAN/RS485 port (pins 1 thru 16) is the battery to inverter port, the RS232 port is for battery to computer and the right most two ports are parallel connected and are for battery to battery communications

JK BMS as i know doesnt have RS232, or not just implemented yet. Its empty on that port.

What i did is plugged in RS486 not to Master, and now i have devices 0-6 visible, but read only mode. (d@mn.)
Why did they do that, have Parallel lighted up in right corner and other are greyed out.

Back