diy solar

diy solar

Keeping it simple stu...

offgriddle

"FOREVER BEGINNING"
Retiring before death is a goal of mine and should I achieve said goal I will then build a battery that does my offgriddle paradise justice.
For now, I have to keep it simple, quick and cheap and I'm overdue to replace my first pair of lifepos with something more beefy, yet still temporary.

I would like to buy a pair of these for example, the price is right, the specs are right, but ever since the covids and what with popping balloons and general saber rattling and chest thumping with the suppliers of all things, every time I see a battery that I like and can afford, it's always listed as currently unavailable.

Thoughts, suggestions, alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

OG.

71FqBttjnjL._AC_SX466_.jpg
cu

Ok, so.. 2x 50ah is 100ah. I saw those batts a week or two back and 2x were not cheaper than 1x 100ah.

So, basic question.. Are you trying to build a 24v system?

As much information as you can give about your needs and goals will be helpful.

As an anecdote, i have 2x BTR 12v 140h batteries and they have not given me any problems, so that's something.

Hi Vigo,
my ultimate goal is to one fine day go with a 48 volt battery bank so I can most efficiently power an 5,000 watt, "split phase", inverter that is heavy enough to easily power a 240 VAC water pump that momentarily draws about 2,500 watts upon start up, 1,800 watts when running, while simultaneously covering a modest household current demand.
Now that you mention it, I really do not want to waste money step stoning to 24 VDC for no significant reason. It also makes sense that one, 100 AH battery would cost less than the redundancy of using two, 50 AH Batts.
Thank you kindly for your response and I'll be checking out the 100 AH batteries and hopefully not seeing the, "unavailable, not sure when or even if the product will be available", message all over the place! OG ?

Back