diy solar

diy solar

Learning to sail a farm.

VicH

Hi All,
Greetings from Australia.
Briefly, we were living on a boat for 4 years with panels, golf cart batteries and genny, and got a few sea miles under our belts, but electricity and voodoo are in the same brain space to me.
Now we're trying to become responsible grandparents so sold 'Wind Wanderer' and bought some Aussie bush to carve out a farm.

A member on a small farm forum suggested GSO Power, a company he imported batteries from (China) and had a good experience with, as a possible source for an off grid solar power system.

They have all the product certifications to export into Europe, both Americas, Africa etc and claim to have many customers globally. They were helpful in designing our system, 8.25 kw in ground mounted panels, 20 k AH (?) in batteries, 2 inverter/chargers etc. meant to be plug and play. There were no instructions, just the inverter and battery manuals.
Once everything was physically in position, I had an electrician friend of my stepson connect it all and run a heavy ac cable from the paddock to our shed, about 60 meters.
The inverters both immediately displayed fault 19, which is a 'communication' issue. We made sure they were connected as per the manual diagram for 2 inverters in parallel, tried them singly and linked without success.

GSO is a battery manufacturer and outsources the panels and inverter/charges.
They eventually replied that the problem was the communication cable, or battery ID.
But nothing on how to rectify the fault.

So we've got panels pumping energy into the batteries but that's as far as it goes.
We are running the genny AM and PM and have a few hours of life as it should be.

Any suggestions from members here would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Any suggestions from members here would be greatly appreciated.
I'd start a thread (or rename this thread) to include the brand name of your inverter for which you are looking for help.
Otherwise your title may attract farmers and/or sailors.

And of course you need to at least say what equipment you have. Pics are always helpful too.

Back