diy solar

diy solar

LED Grow light charging panels?

Techaplayer

A quick google tells me grow lights will charge solar panels but to what extent? It looks like this LED light uses 200W of power, and I take it that is per hour and pushes out 1200W of light. If this light is directed on 800W of panels would it be generating 800W per hour? So will there be 600W of excess power generated after the light has consumed its share? Is this possible? If so it would be pretty cool to ignore the weather completely, that’s if you have the space. Anyone tried this?

Attachments

• DSC_1745_lo.jpg
    DSC_1745_lo.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_1746_lo.jpg
    DSC_1746_lo.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 3
LED grow panels can't do that....they are claiming it is making the equivalent of 1200 watts of old style light bulbs which were super inefficient.. Panels are less then 20% efficient so 1200 watts of light might make 240 watts of power....so 200 watts of panels will likely make under 40 watts of power.

But I think along your lines you might be getting at the idea of not having windows and just have panels make inside light? Some people now build houses without windows and just put up large screen tv's on the wall playing the feed from an outside camera. Mostly done in the cold areas for increased efficiency of heating the house.

But we are trying a grow room powered by solar panels rather then a green house in our cold area....the biggest expense of a green house is heating it in the dead of winter because we want to grow year around.

Back