diy solar

diy solar

Leoch Warranty - Not Honored

Esver

Has anyone been successful recently in getting Leoch to honor the LC-9820 warranty? They promised a four year warranty in their Indigogo campaign. However, when the unit I bought stopped working last month they claimed it was only good for two years. They didn't even want to offer any support by way of self repair.

I thought it would be safe buying from such a global company but I'd have to warn anyone else from trusting them.

Any ideas on what to do with this paperweight?

One thing you might try is filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB will generally try to contact the company for a resolution and in some cases the company, particularly if they are BBB Accredited will respond. BBB can be a good tool to get companies with poor support to at least respond.

Make sure the link I am providing is correct or internet search "Leoch BBB"

BBB - Leoch

You could also consider filing a complaint with the California Consumer Protection Bureau. The BBB website suggests they have a presence in CA.
Contact Information
20322 Valencia Cir
Lake Forest, CA 92630
(949) 588-5853

CA Consumer Protection

You don't need to get into some long drawn out issue but oftentimes just filing a complaint will get the company to move.

Has anyone been successful recently in getting Leoch to honor the LC-9820 warranty? They promised a four year warranty in their Indigogo campaign. However, when the unit I bought stopped working last month they claimed it was only good for two years. They didn't even want to offer any support by way of self repair.

I thought it would be safe buying from such a global company but I'd have to warn anyone else from trusting them.

Any ideas on what to do with this paperweight?
Do you have paperwork or screenshots showing 4 years?

Do you have paperwork or screenshots showing 4 years?
Absolutely! I sent them the screenshots of what they claimed on Indiegogo where they released (and I bought) the product and another one on their Facebook page.

Leoch Warranty 4 years.pngLeoch 4 year warranty on FaceBook.png

The language used is "4-year battery warranty". Leoch refers to the complete unit as a solar generator, so unless the batteries have failed...

Last edited:
I see how they could slither their way out of it with that interpretation. The problem is compounded by them not going through the steps of troubleshooting to determine what exactly failed. I've received more help on this forum and YouTube than with the company so that tells me that Leoch is not to be trusted.

diy solar

diy solar
Back