diy solar

diy solar

Let some smoke out of my BMS

Joe S

How can I test if my BMS is dead? I got a Daly BMS separate port for the 24v 8s1p battery pack I am building. I wired up the leads per instructions, tested everything per instructions and everything looked good. I made sure nothing was exposed and nothing would short out. The case these are going into original had 2 SLA 12v in P and has some LED lights on the ecterior of the case to indicate the battery level when you active the N. O switch. Seamed like a good idea a the time to include it. When I hooked up the leads ( + and -) of the case to the 24v the BMS let out some smoke where the Neg end of the test lead and cell 1 connects. Oops. The battery cells look and test fine but is the BMS burnt toast? I suspect there was something in the little pc board for the level LEDs that didn't play well with the BMS. The case uses separate recharge and discharge terminals, which is why I went with the separate type of BMS. Is there a way to test the BMS? Only a little smoke came out. I'm sure there is still a lot more where that can from.

It is simple. If the BMS is connected with the cells somewhat charged,you should have voltage. If you saw smoke, its toast as you put it.

I win a prize? Well, at least something went right after the smoke clears. What do I get beside holding your beer?

diy solar

diy solar
Back