diy solar

diy solar

Li Time 12v200aH batteries ... good stuff

50ShadesOfDirt

Solar Enthusiast
Li Time (formerly Ampere Time) batteries ... ordered, rec'd 2 x 12v200aH LiFePO4 batteries (plus model, w/ 200a BMS), approx $660/ea. To be configured in 24v battery bank, for upcoming Tiny Home, truck/topper projects (along with 24v MPP).

Good stuff, for these reasons:
- local US warehouse (ca, and now tx warehouses)
- for the main house existing battery bank of 2 x 12v300aH (Ampere Time 200a bms) batteries, approaching 2 years of operation now
- early on, one BMS was giving grief ... after some testing, they swapped entire battery out for another new one (their nickel, sending me prepaid UPS label (I kept the shipping boxes). That's service!
- new batteries ship in same high-quality shipping boxes; each box had a ding on outside, but it never made it through to the batteries.
- extra battery post bolts, protective covers, etc.
- nicely written instructions. staff follows through on messaging (did you get the batteries, what do you like, what could we do better)

Possible cons, depending on how you look at these things:
- sealed ABS-shell batteries, no metal case (but very nicely built, nonetheless)
- no smart BMS functionality

What I told them they could do better:
- option for 12v, 24v, 48v chargers with LFP routines, like the EG4 48vdc recent model (I'm off-grid, need it in 24v, needs to eat dirty gen power of 120v or 240v); currently use a NOCO 12v 25-amp charger to individually top off such batteries, before final cfg into battery bank.
- add smart BMS to batteries.
- option for smart shunt (if internal BMS doesn't get smart)

Anyway ... good batteries, local US warehouses, great tech support. Kept me from building my own batteries (and resulting hair-pulling).

Hello
I am interested in buying a litime battery. But i noticed that they are made in Hong Kong. I believe that I read somewhere that when you think you are buying a cheaper battery it could end up costing more because of new tariffs slapped on foreign products. To add to the possible custms problems, i will be picking it up at the border and driving it back to Canada. Wondering if anyone knew anything about this?
Thanks joe

For me, it wasn't the "made in china" (or other foreign location), it was "have a USA location" to support them from. Li Time (formerly Ampere Time) now has 3 locations in the USA to ship/support from (CA, TX, GA).

Due to business (and politics?), most everything is made overseas ... my backup generator comes from overseas, but I try to find long-running warranties and local (USA) support.

These Li Time batteries are not cheap knock-offs ... I've run my first set for upwards of 2 years, and they are still going strong. I'm on my second set, to enable other projects.

Unfortunately, don't know anything about purchasing in the US, and driving over the border ... that is its own can of worms. If you purchase from Amazon, might that not bypass some of the headache?

Thanks for the information. You are right the border is another can of worms. Anyway i bought the newer 19 pound battery that they have just put out. The border is only an hour’s drive for me. It would be better for me to do the customs than Amazon.
Thanks joe

Back